Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver Prob???

Hi there i got this prob wif my GWS R6NII, i experience glitches when flying and i dont know wats the reason. My antenna seems abit short so i tot it might have been served by the propeller when flying or wat but i went to the GWS site to check its suppose to be this short. They say its new design and its jus 50cm long. than i went down to rotor to check if there is anything wrong. i brought down my Tx wif my Rx to test it out. But it works fine there. I than come back try on my plane again. After connection, without extending my Tx antenna, i walk jus 5m with my tx facing away from my plane and the propeller jus start spinning and the rudder and elevator jus start moving...I am currently on 72.150. Pls help....

Hi Edwinchew

Changes is that your Receiver or your the Receiver antenna too close to Motor/ESC/Servo/ Piano Wire/Metal Push Rod.

Stay away from that see how it goes.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hi Super-Hornet

I jus tried wat u told me to do. i detached my receiver away from Aluminium body of my slow stick and the same thing happen again. Wat could be the problem?

Comment

What about the antenna placement?

Super-Hornet

Comment

i left the receiver and the antenna on the ground

Comment

sad to say, change a reciever.

Comment

I bought a 6ch GWS rx from rotor once with an antenna that was cut

Didn't know about it because it was only my 2nd rx, so went about happily crashing planes because of range problems until I compared it with my 4ch rx and found the 6ch thingie with a shorter antenna.

Took quite a long time to realise it was equipment problems because i knew i had no talent what so ever flying, so found it difficult to blame anything else other than my own flying.

By the time I brought it back to rotor, realised they wouldn't be very willing to admit anything so just got Chris from that Hobby shop to solder a brand new antenna. Worked like a charm after ...

Comment

For 72 Mhz, the antenna should be 39 inches or 99.06 cm. At 99 cm, the antenna would be equal to 1/4 the wave length. At 50, its only 1/8 the wave length. So i suggest you solder on a 99 cm antenna. Its abit long, but it should help. Can get them from rotor at $1-2. But if you're not good at soldering get someone the help. I burnt 2 recievers trying to solder on antennas! Good luck, hope you can get your reciever to work..

Comment

Oh, and heres a useful link for calculating the length of antenna. The lengths given are 1/4 the wave length.. Antenna calculator

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies... The guys at rotor told me they dont have those thinner antenna for GWS. wat they have are those for Hi-tec. Can those work for GWS??? Anyone tried that before? Hey Mathieu, according to the GWS site, its stated that the antenna is only 50 cm long, so i think there is some contriction? So who is right?

Comment

Yup. The green colour one.. At rotor

Comment

At 50 cm long, the antenna is 1/8 the wave length. Twice that, at 100 cm its 1/4. A one quater would recieve better just as 200 cm will recieve better at half the wave length. So both is correct. t 100cm the reciever would, theoratically, work better then 50..

Comment

Hmmm... based on the web site link posted, for 29Mhz, the antenna should be > 2.3m long! I don't think the antenna on my receivers are > 2.3m long

Will go back and check tonite but this is getting me worried. Could this be why I am getting glitches once in a while ?

Also, can anyone tell me what is the thickness of the wire to be used ?

Thanks.

------------------------
                          Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

Hey wat do u guys think is it advisable to send the receiver back to Taiwan for them to check? I jus bought the green antenna but is holding back to solder cause once i solder the guarntee will be void. Any advices??

Comment

Originally posted by AirTrekker
                              Hmmm... based on the web site link posted, for 29Mhz, the antenna should be > 2.3m long! I don't think the antenna on my receivers are > 2.3m long

Will go back and check tonite but this is getting me worried. Could this be why I am getting glitches once in a while ?

Also, can anyone tell me what is the thickness of the wire to be used ?

Thanks.
                              It's inaccurate for anything but frequencies within the 72mhz range.

Comment

Working...
                              X