Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear VS Prop VS Batt VS Amp draw?????

Totally confused about how everything goes..

Does anyone has a webby for me to read up on the props thingy?
    I'm using a GWS EPS400 with D gear..
    seems that 1147 and 1047 are better for my combi..

Which ones gives me power/speed/thurst?
    And which one will draw more amp?
    Totally confused!!

And er.. how to read ah?
    1147 means 11" x 4.7" ??

props:
    values are given by AA*BB or AABB whereby AA=length and BB= pitch
    longer length = higher amps
    higher pitch = higher amps
    higher pitch = more top speed(dependent on airframe capability)
    lower pitch = more thrust(eg 3d flying)

yes 1147 = 11" * 4.7"

Comment

---
      I just love to Gooooogle!
      huh

Comment

go to pip hobby webby.....from there u go to the eps page.....and click on any pic of eps or ips.....it will then direct you to the gws webby where they will show all the table for u 2 refer amp vs voltage vs efficiency vs prop size.....then from there u can compare which is better to use.....note when u reach the gws webby ,on the top of the page there is a range motor, just click the the model of the motor u having.....
        ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
          props:
          values are given by AA*BB or AABB whereby AA=length and BB= pitch
          longer length = higher amps
          higher pitch = higher amps
          higher pitch = more top speed(dependent on airframe capability)
          lower pitch = more thrust(eg 3d flying)

yes 1147 = 11" * 4.7"
          Ok.. so longer length = more speed or less speed?
          so pitch is juz for trust?

Comment

longer length with same pitch = slightly more speed and thrust
            pitch is for thrust and speed depending on how you use it. low pitch more thrust but low top speed. high pitch less thrust but more top speed.

If u're using for gws planes, go for more thrust than speed as the airframes are too draggy to take advantage of high pitch drives.

experiment within limits as you'll get very low efficiency on power output if you veer too far off the recommendations.

Comment

Sorry.. hijet this thread...

To make a plane to have more thrust+power...
              is it better to:
              1) Use a bigger prop (10-x4.7->11x70?)
              2) Change from 2S to 3S with a smaller prop?
              3) Plug in a motor with a C gears (instead of D gears)?

.==
              Also.. when I check the GWS web for motor, how come 9050 seem to have lower current draw than the rest... as in 9050 is higher pitch than 9047 but current draw so much lower....
              huh

Comment

IMO. I love flying on "D" gearing w 1080 prop .... It provide a lot more thrust compare to "B" or "C" gearing on 9070, cant really tell the speed different

I opt for moving gear to "D" and increasing the prop one step up

Mike

Comment

Thrust, simplified, is determined by the mass flow through the propeller and the velocity change. So you can change the two variables, a smaller prop spinning very faster, or a larger prop on a spinning slower. Depends on what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                    IMO. I love flying on "D" gearing w 1080 prop .... It provide a lot more thrust compare to "B" or "C" gearing on 9070, cant really tell the speed different

I opt for moving gear to "D" and increasing the prop one step up

Mike
                    I am already on D gears with 1047....
                    so.. change it to a 1170?

I was getting better perfomance on my ES with 400+D... since I plug in this 350+D... I can't seem to get enough thrust to do a nice loop.
                    huh

Comment

Mike your D gearbox 1080 is with BL or stock motor ?

Comment

Cham boy.. all a sudden today my ES woke up.. and zooming across the sky.. and 1st time this week didn't have the motor-cut-in-mid-air problem. I could even fly at 0.25-0.5 throttle with the help of the wind.

Dunno what happen.... now really can't decide to up the prop and get another 2S.. or get a 3S and down the prop to get slightly more thrust...

I still need slight more thrust to do a better loop from level.
                        Guys any advise?
                        huh

Comment

Current setup is "D" gearing on 3S1P w Himark 2025/4200 prop 1080 work pretty well.

Old setup :

"B" gearing stock setup w 2S1P prop 9070 and also 1080. 1080 works better .... easier to fly

At one time on "B" gearing 3S1P prop 9070 w Hacker B20-26 (3450kv) unflyable.... simply too fast till prop vibrate

Mike

Comment

Nic, unless u got those Jeti brush esc that handle more that 10 cell, else please do not try ISC-100 /300 etc .... w 3S1P ....

Initial few flight is ok.... there will be time the BEC no longer able to take it and shut down itself. U wouldnt want such surprise when flying low

Mike

Comment

I had no probs when I used ICS480.

The prob started when I use the Jeti20 (or is it Jeti18... )

The BEC didn't shut down.. I can control the plane (or servos).. just motor soft cut... as though the 2S2P dried. Could actually hear/feel/see the gradual lost of power over ten seconds or so.

Today no issue. Only diff was yesterday I run the batt until so low that the plane can't fly level anymore than I recharge... Yar... but still above the LiPo safe voltage (I checked when I got home). Previously was 1/2 drain then I recharge. - Do I need to drain it more?
                              huh

Comment

Working...
                              X