Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWS "C" Gear Combination?

Whats the best Combunation For Gws "C" Gear prop?

would like to have Longer flight times

10 x 8 for Speed
    10 x 4 for longer flight times?

Oops. Wrong Forum. SRY!

Comment

TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Yesterday help John to troubleshooting on his spitfire which suffer from lost of power from the C stock power unit. Found the end point war out, as the motor was only operating at 50% power output. After some adjustment manage to get back the full power from the 350C-C power unit. At the same time, did some measurement on the voltage and current draw. Following is the result

350C-C gear box with 9070 Prop on 7 cell Nicad

Operating voltage : 7.2 V
        Amp : 8.2

which is very close to the test data provided by GWS.

Have tested with the lipo cell scary the voltage drop so significant that it operate close to the cut off limit of 6 V

Operation volt drop from 8.4 to 6.7 V within second.
        Amp : 7.5

Man looks like the lipo only win the Nicad by power to weight ratio rather than power delivery. BTW the lipo cell are 2nd generation HP cell with 8C max capacity. May be should do a test with those so call 3rd generation HP cell which said to deliver at .
        10C.

Comment

Yes, loyn...Thank you for helping me to troubleshoot and fine adjustment on my SpitFire "Engine".

Oh man, I can now really feel my engine is waking up. Looks like my SpitFire is ready to gun down some ME-109s again this weekend.

142 SQN (John)
          For the Love of Flying...

Comment

Working...
          X