Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an experience in Tampines bicycle park , all the way flying my heli is ok , but when the police car come in starting problem, after he beside me,then I crash my heli bcos out of control, then next day morning , happen again but this time when I find out problem, I landing as soon as possible, then I saw police car again .

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR2001SG
      I have an experience in Tampines bicycle park , all the way flying my heli is ok , but when the police car come in starting problem, after he beside me,then I crash my heli bcos out of control, then next day morning , happen again but this time when I find out problem, I landing as soon as possible, then I saw police car again .
      Are you on 40MHz? Some walkie talkies are on 40... my plane went out of control there twice. The 2nd time, a fellow flyer told me that some ppl were playing buggys at the bike obstacle tracks outside and their freq are similar to my...

Comment

Originally posted by Cycross
        no offence, just to share...

I have spoken to IDA radio spectrum policy people before on this (used to work inside). The reason they quoted was that our maritime vessels use the higher freq bands, which can seemingly interfere with our model freq band. Also, they have concern over ranging these freq across to our neighbouring countries. How this is possible, is anyone's guess. I am no electrical engineer, so can't comment on this.

At DHWL, it's pretty far enough inland, and we face specific non-emitter zone glitches. So my 2cents is that it's not other equipment at play.

My own observation only, there seem to be more glitches in the 29mhz band than the rest, and proportionally decrease as the band freq increases.

IDA person did say they can possibly do a study next year, on the feasibility of opening more channels, but is given a choice, will be more likely on the european freq than the US ones. They claim they were not aware the legal freq was so isolated compared to the world.

This is what I have experienced, so I am sharing this in verbatim. I have doubts they will really do the study effort, but still keep fingers crossed.

I support the legal freq, but wish they gave us some choice.

Yeah...IDA mentioned that they will try to open up more band for leisure purposes...but that was since the late 80s!
        it's 2006 now dude!!!

Marine freq is at about 156mhz range....power can be from 5watts to 100watts.
        Half that freq in consideration of the harmonic distortion can be in the 70mhz range....and if you half that as the 2nd or 3rd harmonic freq is in the 35mhz range. So tell me why isn't it possible for interferences?

If you say 70mhz is not exactly half of 156 range, than 140mhz range is also used by certain land based radios & repeater stations & some Amatuer radio stations, especially in our neighbouring land. (eg. cab companies walkie talkie, transport company's car radio, paging systems, etc...)

Medical equipment or telemetry systems can also be in the 40mhz range as well...so technically there are quite a few possible places for interferences.

And if you served our nation & played with some toys, you will know why we aren't allocated certain frequencies too.
        [SIZE="1"]
        [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
        Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
          Are you on 40MHz? Some walkie talkies are on 40... my plane went out of control there twice. The 2nd time, a fellow flyer told me that some ppl were playing buggys at the bike obstacle tracks outside and their freq are similar to my...

Not much of walkie talkies are in the 40mhz range unless they're of the seriously amateur types which can't produce too high power.

But do note that some analogue cordless phones and cheapo wireless mics are in the upper 40mhz range.
          [SIZE="1"]
          [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
          Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
            No, I am using 35MHz , and I am sure last time crash is affect by police car bcos only me flying there and nobody playing buggy outside. Only police car drive in then my JR 9X lost control, the next day are the same !

Comment

interesting information indeed...

Stick to Spektrum. Safest so far.

Now if they can extend the range to full, and add more functionality to their radio...

Comment

Transfer the Spektrum board to the Optic 6 and you still retain the full functions of the Optic 6. I did that and have no worries flying high or low.

Comment

Working...
                X