Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice PLEASE! Enough power?

I'm thinking of buying this plane and am wondering if the power system I have is enough!! (Its meant for nitro I guess, .25 sized engine)

"Edge 540 25 - 45"

Wing span: 45.3 in / 1420mm
    Wing area: 381sq in /24.6 sq dm
    Flying weight: 3.6lb / 1650g
    Fuselage length: 40.5 in / 1030mm

It's a 1.65 kg plane.

My power system:
    Himax HC3516-0840 (350W,840kv) www.maxxprod.com
    Flightpower 3 cell 1800 mah Lipos
    40 Amp ESC

Please let me know!! Can it fly ? fly Acrobatic? 3D? haha... thanks!!!

i dont think it will even take off.

some other gurus might have better input
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

from the graph http://www.maxxprod.com/pdf/HC3516-0840.pdf
      you should use apc 10x7 or 11x7. but as the current drain can be quite high of 30A++ that means flight time on a 1800mAh pack is quite short so measure the static current drain & set timer on your Tx (30A draw is max 3.5 minutes on full throttle on the 1800mAh pack).

the best way to find out is to fly it

Do you have experience in 3D? this bird is quite heavy a false move and the damage will be very bad, maybe you want to get a lighter 3D plane that is designed for electric?
      sigpic

Comment

With that wingspan and weight, I think that is more than a 25 size nitro bird.

If you ask me how it will perform or fly, I will tell you NEVER. DON'T THINK IT WILL EVEN TAKE OFF. With something of that size, you will need a electric setup that is BIG, somewhere in the 1000w region might be a good starting point.

For your current batt, motor combo, you will be a lot happier with a plane in the 1mx1m range. Something like the formosa 2. Still, even at this size, your battery might limit your motor performance.

sigpic

Comment

thanks!

thanks guys!!! you guys have saved me a load of pain!! Am in the US now, went to one of the stores neary and they recommended me the Eflite Brio 10... very nice!!! someone also recommended that I put 2 packs in lined in parallel for the purpose!!

Comment

dude... take it this way... 1 LB of weight you'll need about 150W min... and if you wanna do 3D maybe a 200W will be good...

your weight is about 3.5L which will put you to at least a motor of at least 700W before you can do 3D... and like the rest of them were saying... this isn't a plane with aerodynamic properties like other trainers... so yup... it won't be easy to fly... prop if you have a super long runway... with enough speed it might still take off... but you'll need lots of elevator...

Comment

got it!

got it! descided to get the brio 10! am in the states now.. its a bit cheaper than singapore.. fits the bill

Comment

Working...
              X