X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAE Hawk Pilot

hi abner and all,

Jus completed my BAE Hawk from ultrafly,

attached is pics of the work. Thanks to my buddy who do the airbrush work.

Looking for a suitable Pilot figure to add to the cockpit before maiden flight. Anyone got any suggestions where to find one ?

Using a dualsky XMOTOR 1450kv, any suggestions on the prop size. Thinking a 7*5E APC, but some suggest 6*5.5 on a 3s batteries.

Abner, my dimension of the planes is Length - 730mm, Wing - 720mm, think the one you got from CH is a very big plane. Do share with us your set-up and flight when you complete.

Bear

Pilot

Can get GI Joe pilot from Toys R Us. I got mine from the Suntec branch..

Arms and legs are well articulated. Helmet can be removed.. Got it for about $5 (not too sure though).. Its a pity I'll have to amputate arms and legs to made it fit into my parkflyer sized, so one year later now its still has not seen any air action yet..

Pic: Pilot seated on Prolux Charger and TP 2S 2100 mAh lipo for scale comparison.

BTW Nice Hawk you got there!! is it an ultrafly?

Cheers,
    Leon

Comment

Ultrafly..

duh..

Comment

pilot Ultrafly

Hi,

Thanks ... i will look for that pilot .... seems it can fit it in. but legs n hand have to go...!!!

BAE hawk is from Ultrafly....

Have not fly it yet. going to suit it up first ....

bear

Comment

Originally posted by flying bear
          hi abner and all,

Jus completed my BAE Hawk from ultrafly,

attached is pics of the work. Thanks to my buddy who do the airbrush work.

Looking for a suitable Pilot figure to add to the cockpit before maiden flight. Anyone got any suggestions where to find one ?

Using a dualsky XMOTOR 1450kv, any suggestions on the prop size. Thinking a 7*5E APC, but some suggest 6*5.5 on a 3s batteries.

Abner, my dimension of the planes is Length - 730mm, Wing - 720mm, think the one you got from CH is a very big plane. Do share with us your set-up and flight when you complete.

Bear

Hi,
          I have actually completed my Hawk last week... only thing is that i m not taking thing too rush..wanna be safe then sorry for my maiden flight. I have been asking my flying buddy for advices as he is flying one already. His set up come to a total of 1120g which is very heavy to fly.... . Well my wasn't any better, is about 1075g so far... I m using Hacker A30/28S, pro using 9x7.5, ESC 30MAh. Should be using 2 x 2100batt 15c to fly it once i m comfortable with everything. . Maybe any bro out there have a better suggestion...
          sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Hawk without pilot

Hi,

Just maiden flt at woodland site. Hope to have the video ready later time.

Some Points :

a. Aircraft still a little heavy. Will be pusing the bty forward and hope to reduce lead wt place at the nose.

b. The aircraft does not loop too well. (maybe the airfoil design)

c. Using a Dualsky 1450kv motor + Dualsky xpower 1350mah 3s flew abt 8mins
            - Try gws 7*3 prop flies ok, but a bit slow
            - Try APC 7*5,, good power and much faster.
            Bty is quite warm when landed. Thinkn amp draw quite high.

d. Torque row are manageable. I offset only 5% on full power on intial launch.
            e. If I got a higher KV motor say 1800 to 2000kv it may be better.
            f. Color scheme is good and solid, thanks to my buddy, but not too visible while it is in the air.

This is my first jet and was shaking when I was flying it,... but glad it is still intact and I look forward to fly it next week.

Will post more pix soon. and will try to put a pilot on

Bear

Comment

Some picture for my flying buddy, flying bear

Comment

Part 2
                Hand launch!

Comment

Wow...

Nice pics..
                  Is that last pics a BIG torque-induced roll?

Looks scary man

If it were me, my finger would have froze

Leon

Comment

hi all,

thanks heng heng for the pics... it is really well taken.

Leolion, it is over compensated on the torque row. I set offset of 30% right roll. too much ... luckily aircraft managed to land and I reduced the offset now to 5%. using a APC 7*5 and the aircraft is managable on the intital launch.

Have 2 success flt on Dualsky 1320mah 3s and lasted about 9 min each.

Will fly again next weekend... really shiok ...

Bear

Comment

Wanna play

wanna come over to PGFW, let us have a good look at your fabulous plane.. maybe can start a Hawk cult group here...

Two week ago's beaver dancing around the lamp post thingie started a trail of beaveriers.. Wonder if your BAE can start a line of hawkers (pun intended)

Cheers everybody,
                      Leon

Comment

Bae

..one more thing.
                        With the lamp post and restircted airspace here,.. we can guarantee you more siok siok man!

Leon

Comment

thanks for the invitation... maybe next weekend ...

I hope heng heng fixed his A10, and we will `invade' Punngol with our jets

i not that good to fly round the lamp post lah ... i was shaking when flying this red hawk already... may have to practice more ..!!

Bear

Comment

Working...
                          X