Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Noob Needs help

Hi there,

i'm totally new to this RC flying thingy. Therefore I have some noob questions that needs advice from experts here.

Before I start I need a starter plane with radio. Anyone can advise me which is a good plane for starters? budget say not more than $250 is it possible (starting low cos I dun wan to hurt my pocket so bad with all the crashing). Which shop can offer the best advise for beginners like me? best is have friendly service and can help me with the assembly.

Secondly is there a website to read up on how to fly and stuff before i go out there to fly i would love to know the basics.

Thanks in advance for your advance
    Frequency : 40.77MHz

Transmitter : Futaba 6EXAP

Now Flying : GWS E-Starter

Graveyard : GWS Beaver

Fun Heli : PiccoZ

i have decided on a T-Hawk (similiar with Wingdragon) its 3ch..its is a good start?

Comment

hi, welcome to this hobby

u can make a trip down to ur local flyin field and ask around for advices & tips. many fliers will be more than happy to assist you. other good recommendations are slow-sticks or e-starters.

more important, get someone to guide you on how to fly your plane to avoid crashing.

gd luck
      More Birds, More Luck!!

Comment

3 chns are alright but problem is if you want to move on to more advanced stuff, you'll have to get a completely new radio set. plus{just my opinion}, 3 chns are not realistic because you roll with ailerons in real life so if you use only your rudder to yaw, it will subsequently roll but if you want to roll back, it may be a lil to slow if you want to quickly manuvour the plane to avoid collsions. maybe get a 4 chn plane first as four chns will include aieron controls and you can try to get a second hand plane or something to start with first so you can learn to fly without spending time building or worrying abt crashing it.

things you'll need:
        transmitter aka tx
        receiver aka rx
        plane
        engine/motor
        electric speed controller aka esc to control the motor speed
        servos (small electric motors to move control surfaces)
        battery
        charger(either wall charger or field charger.
        if you're getting a field charger, you'll need to get another 12 v battery to give power to the plane battery charger.) see post no 8 here for better idea:
        http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...hlight=charger

if you buy second hand stuff, dont get one item from everywhere as they might not be compatable due to the type of connectors used. try to get maybe the plane with electronics as one set, tx with rx as another and battery with charger as another.

another thing you want to think abt is the type of mode on the tx you want to use. see here: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...highlight=mode

for effects of controls and how to fly, see here:
        http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/newcomers/index.htm

and this:
        http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/newcome...aryflight1.htm

good luck!
        "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
        E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
        SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
        T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
        UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
        Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
        F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
        Charger- Turnigy AC6
        sigpic

Comment

Very informative for newbies.

Originally posted by aeronautical
          3 chns are alright but problem is if you want to move on to more advanced stuff, you'll have to get a completely new radio set. plus{just my opinion}, 3 chns are not realistic because you roll with ailerons in real life so if you use only your rudder to yaw, it will subsequently roll but if you want to roll back, it may be a lil to slow if you want to quickly manuvour the plane to avoid collsions. maybe get a 4 chn plane first as four chns will include aieron controls and you can try to get a second hand plane or something to start with first so you can learn to fly without spending time building or worrying abt crashing it.

things you'll need:
          transmitter aka tx
          receiver aka rx
          plane
          engine/motor
          electric speed controller aka esc to control the motor speed
          servos (small electric motors to move control surfaces)
          battery
          charger(either wall charger or field charger.
          if you're getting a field charger, you'll need to get another 12 v battery to give power to the plane battery charger.) see post no 8 here for better idea:
          http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...hlight=charger

if you buy second hand stuff, dont get one item from everywhere as they might not be compatable due to the type of connectors used. try to get maybe the plane with electronics as one set, tx with rx as another and battery with charger as another.

another thing you want to think abt is the type of mode on the tx you want to use. see here: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...highlight=mode

for effects of controls and how to fly, see here:
          http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/newcomers/index.htm

and this:
          http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/newcome...aryflight1.htm

good luck!

Comment

Thanks for your post Bro...just got a used estarter and learning to rebuild it. Will be a newbie all over again for this plane.

Will read some of these webs before lifting off the ground. I heard most newbies (me surely included) are so excited to lift off the plane and once in the air......will pop the famous question...

"Oh...now, what to do next??"

...then crash....then sell everything.
            Heli
            Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
            Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
            Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
            Buggy
            Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
            Charger : Tahmazo T15
            Balancer : TP205
            Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
              Thanks for your post Bro...just got a used estarter and learning to rebuild it. Will be a newbie all over again for this plane.

Will read some of these webs before lifting off the ground. I heard most newbies (me surely included) are so excited to lift off the plane and once in the air......will pop the famous question...

"Oh...now, what to do next??"

...then crash....then sell everything.

hahaha...

mmm...well guys please use my next thread for discussion help me build a kit plane.

mod pls lock this thread thanks

Comment

Working...
              X