Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Estarter

Yup... I am back with a Estarter! Got my ES #2...Super-reinforced.

Maiden today... as usual... it comes with the maiden crash!!!

Nay... not really a crash.. but just a bad landing. I set the endpoints for the ailerons too low... and it can't roll left. So panic a little... and gave it a emergency landed but after 30 secs in the air. Landed level.. but hard. Only the spar got ripped off from the wing mount. Nothing severe, just need a little glue.

After I re-adjusted the endpoints... it responded well this time round. Only have enough time to fly 3 minutes. Managed to trim for straight and level. And gave perfect landing... Yup.. I really enjoy this easy no stress flight.. Big diff from the P51.

I have got 350-BB-D and 1047. Find it very slow even at full trottle... seems slower than my 400-D/1047 combination.

What prop should I use to increase the speed if I am to stick with the D-gears?

EP1047
    Curent: 5.7
    Thrust: 314
    Power: 41.04
    Efficiency: 7.65

EP9070
    Current: 5.5
    Thrust: 259
    Power: 39.60
    Efficiency: 6.54

EP1080
    Current: 7.1
    Thrust: 293
    Power: 51.12
    Efficiency: 5.73
    Last edited by nic; 25-09-2004, 09:23 PM.
    huh

how do u make the glossy finish on the ES?...waay too cool man...pls share...

Comment

Transparent Cellophane tape.
      It only look cool in the photo...

More for reinforcing than making it look nice. I notice in my first ES.. those area I tape up don't break upon impact anymore. And it is light, strong, so much cheaper than FG tape...
      Last edited by nic; 27-09-2004, 08:27 AM.
      huh

Comment

Well done tape the entire plane ..... that must be a lot of tape man. Not bad as no air bubble appear on the surface ...... or the missing detail from the photo

Comment

Yeah.. quite a bit of tape.. but the tape are very thin. Strange tape... it is strong.. but also weak at the same time. As long as there is a slight tear... it breaks extremely easily. Think I got it at $1.99 for 2 rolls at those neighborhood $1.99 stores.

Because the base is foam and the tape is only 2 inch wide... it is very easy to paste without any bubbles. But of course... my skills are poor.. and there is 2 badly done area because I rushed through those areas when my wife yelled at me...
          huh

Comment

Yelling is what woman do best and come in natural ...... know what you means..... us the anti yelling device ......

Comment

Hey Loyn wat will happen to u if your wife saw this????

Comment

Grounded for life .......

Just joking ..... she knows me too well ...... that is why my store room if full of models rather than anything else..... BTW when I work with my model she will give me all the time and space needed ...... I am one lucky guy .....

Comment

Hey tats so sweet!!!

Comment

My wife was that way until #2 came...
                    (no.. not #2 plane... #2 kid!!!)

after that it is always 1 person 1 kid...
                    no time for any other thing.
                    huh

Comment

Hahaha...... no longer the man in the house ...... but transform into a 100% family man

There is always have to keep a balance in life...... you get something and you will loss something......

You get a girl friend you lost 20% of your freedom
                      You get a wife you lost 60% of your freedom
                      You get 1 kid you lost 80% of your freedom
                      You get 2 kid you lost .......99% of whateven you have.......
                      and so on and so on ..........

Sometime you feel better at work right

Comment

Working...
                      X