Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artyspec
    Well at least the power gets them outta trouble...
    agreed. stock motor cos more problem.

Comment

i think brushless is ok for new guys la. i also started with a brushless from gws. its not too much a concern of the type of power source. as long as it can power the plane's weight sufficiently, its alright. it voices down to the type of plane. high wings being more stable and low wing planes being less stable. an e starter is a good choice to start with.
      "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
      E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
      SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
      T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
      UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
      Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
      F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
      Charger- Turnigy AC6
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats, u got urself a wonderful plane. e-starter is one of the best beginner plane around. with a brushless setup & 3S lipo, ur plane can 'fight' the wind easily and get u out of trouble.
        More Birds, More Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
          Well at least the power gets them outta trouble...
          yea. hehe. just make sure u fly away from people. I nearly beheaded loyn b4!
          8UHP
          Easyglider stock setup(DECOMMED) (new one coming soon)
          World Models 'Voodoo' mustang

Comment

The setup you've discribed is quite a powerful setup...
            Be sure you have an experienced flyer do a ground check with you, and guide you in the initial stages... Saves A LOT of $$ and heartaches...

... I learned RC flying the hard way..

Cheers,
            Leon

Saturdays mornings 7:30++ @ DH-PFW

Comment

yes..thanks for all the advise..actually the shifu is very experienced, probably got 20plus years of experience. I was at his place building today and really nice to have a master to teach things..and also very patience..
              Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
              JR Vibe 50: 01
              Trex600N Pro: 01
              Kasama Srimok 90: 01
              TT Raptor 50: 10
              TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
              MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Hey, really get the gws beaver... super cool and easy to fly . I crashed many planes, the beaver is the only plane that flew 1st time out. Easy!
                Why drink and Drive...... When you can smoke and FLY!!

Comment

erm tim, a few experience to share with you as you're new to this hobby and i don't want you to learn things the hard way as i did

1.) RESPECT that brushless motor you have there when it has a prop on it. It can cut your fingers like no body business... unlike stock motor (brushed) the brushless can chop your fingers like butter...

2.) Learn to do pre-flight checks. meaning have a check list with you. pre-flight means to make sure your freq doesn't crash with your buddies flying with you, making sure you have the correct model set on your transmitter, and that your plane is "fit for flight"

3.) Always disconnect your battery if you don't intend to fly the plane. leaving it on the ground is not safe place... you never know when interference will come in.

4.) Keep your thumb on the throttle stick making sure its at 0 when you have the batteries connected... or you might end up having a runaway plane when you accidently push against it.

eh... this is as much as i can remember now... hope this can help you and have fun!!! and remember planes are meant to fly... so don't be afraid to fly higher at the start... low level flying are meant for "old bird" the lower you fly the faster you crash... cause no recover time...

Comment

Do Not Commit These Sins.

The following is a list of cardinal sins in RC that you should avoid. They are so called because they are deadly to your model. So beginners like you should beware and experts too.
                    RC Sin
                    #1. Did not check frequency with other users.
                    #2. Forgot to check the Control surfaces are moving in the correct direction.
                    #3. Forgot to check the model on the transmitter is the same as the one you are about to fly.
                    #4. Forgot to extend antena of the transmitter.
                    #5. Forgot to extend antena of the airplane.
                    #6. Forgot to activate thumb to pull elevator when airplane is going down.
                    #7. Forgot to unfreeze thumb when plane veers to one side.

Well, these are just 7 of the deadly cardinal sins of Rc. They are so, as DOOM and MAYHEM will result if you commit them.
                    I am sure there are more. All these years, I have yet to find any flyer who has not committed all 7. I committed all 7 and more and all 7 on one particular model but the model just kept coming back in several pieces glued to fly another day.
                    Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                    Having fun yet?
                    36.39mhz
                    40.77mhz

Comment

Working...
                    X