Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famosa my next plane...

Chanced upon this pic of the famosa... looks nice

Nice pics. It comes in these colors or the flyer used decals to cover the white foam before spraying the colors?
    I have seen them all.

A mediocre r/c pilot who thinks that he is one top gun.

A nerd looking and sick flyer who thinks that he is a great modeller.

Greed that made a friend became a competitor.

Comment

wah...chio....

but jephry's gonna paint a desert storm scheme in his twin prop e starter...let's see how it's gonna be...

TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Looks cool man, but just don't crash it..... what a wast to damage those paint job. Wonder how long did it take to paint.

Mack you are right, just mask off the white and paint the rest. Only take very long to make those masking. Especially those on the wing ......

nic, how about make such paint job on your P-51

Comment

1 can of paint = about $15.
          To spray 1 plane.. need 2 cans?

That's almost another new SG.........

P/S... P51 smashed branches... wing broke...
          It was in 3 pieces... now glued back into 1.

Think I am going to keep the P51 in my storeroom for a while till I am more ready for it...

I think Pips raise the price of Formosa with 350C again by $3...
          Last edited by nic; 21-09-2004, 07:49 AM.
          huh

Comment

Oh Nooooooo ........ it started again No more cheap plane at any LHS Only way out ....... don't buy any new plane and keep flying what you have ....... same apply to eggs Anyway still have 4 ready to fly planes and 1 new in the box warbird, no hurry to get another new one..... Hope the price will drop in the future ....... wait long long

For the P-51 to broke into 3 or more is common..... I got my 2nd hand P-51 in 4 pcs. Make some reinforcement and still broke it in 3 during the mid air "KISS" with Frank's balsa plane..... Last week found new hair line crack along the same area..... must be those "wheel up landing" ....... anyway more reinforcing job. Man by the end my P-51 will be a flying "TANK" I felt it is the design of the plane that casue it to repeatedly breaking at the same area.

It is good idea to keep the P-51 until you are more comfortable with slower plane. So what is the plan....... Slowstick, another Estarter, or........ Formosa

Comment

Originally posted by loyn

It is good idea to keep the P-51 until you are more comfortable with slower plane. So what is the plan....... Slowstick, another Estarter, or........ Formosa
              It is back to E-starter for me... Going to plug in a 350 this time round, and try flying at a faster speed.
              huh

Comment

Good for you nic, if you use lipo on the estarter it should further improve its performance by reducing its overall weight. However, not recommend to use 3S as it will kill the motor really fast, off cause it will give you more speed in returen. Saw S. hornet ES with 3S. It flys really well and use the same battery holder without the need to shift the lipo all the front. Just like as in order to get the right CG. That is one of the advantage of using 3S.

Hope to see you in the air soon man ......

Comment

:-) I only got a 2S2P.. and it doesn't fit... but.. putting it at the right spot keeps the CG in place... yup... my old ES flew well... I trashed it trying to learn how to roll... hehe..... was kinda bored then doing loops and flying figure 8s leow.
                  huh

Comment

...droooolll......
                    what goes up...must come down....then up again!

Comment

Working...
                    X