Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is r/c plane flying legal?

Well just curious.....well for any r/c flying there is a need for license right?.....so i m just curious if i were to fly an IFO without any license at the open field situated infront of the Yishun poly clinic....will i get caught or sumthing?
    ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

huh?!license?!OMG....I need to go get one.....help help?!

TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Alamak Arthur....i asking if need lincense kekekeke i also unsure leh....i m newbie......
      ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Art
        huh?!license?!OMG....I need to go get one.....help help?!

lol~~.........
        nah... wouldn't get caught... im sure the police or whoever will have much better things to do.... in this boring country...

btw its quite hard to hit ppl with u're IFO.... or plane..... if u've ever tried before.... =x
        -* Project Swift *-

Comment

ya....it's different if you fly big helos....like some !@#$ who nearly gave me a free haircut doing a inverted auto....

TREX 500 ESP
          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

heee~
            -* Project Swift *-

Comment

TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

most important thing to remember is to fly safe...whether a license is required or not...as hobbist we gotta be responsible for our own flying....the safety aspect of this hobby should never be compromised....

Just don't be like bananaman....

Right YC?

TREX 500 ESP
                Futaba T12FGH

Comment

yup....

but his flying style's kinda cool too.. .with the blade sound when he turns in the low passes......... which gives ya another reason to be in the shelter....
                  -* Project Swift *-

Comment

at the rate he flies...think I better be hiding in the long kang....

Go see yr things to do thread...
                    TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

r/c flying no license required, but I heard from walter that the tx must pay something for some license, but think don't have a worry too much lah, a lot of people fly without one(in fact most fly without one)...the police or authority will more likely watch and enjoy your flying than catch you...

sigpic

Comment

oooo....hahaha btw heard ppl flying in Yishun leh....but neber come across anybody yet....btw most probaly my ifo will be ready by end of this month.....cos geting ifo and vtail nxt arond 20th++ tis month....
                        ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

yishun ppl fly at the big lorry carpark there...can go there on sunday, usually a lot of people, from morning all the way to evening...

sigpic

Comment

Yes, it's true. You need a licence for the Transmitter you are using. I think it is a licence to transmit or something like that. In Singapore, any transmitting station requires a licence. The licence is issued by IDA. This is for frequency management, to make sure people use the right band for the right purpose. It's like walkie talkies, you need licence to use them unless you are using the toy ones. Official RC clubs like RMS and Bukit Batok would require its members to have a licence. But more often than not, they assume you are fully responsible for getting one yourself and don't bother anyone by checking their licences.

But IMO, I dun think our type of Tx is posing enough problems to warrant strict enforcement of the rules. We are not talking about a radio broadcasting station, or an eavesdropping machine here. Just a radio control equipment with very limited range.
                            "The ground is my best teacher but not exactly my favourite"

Comment

CAAS states that our local airspace is free to use for RC/air balloons as long as we don't fly above a certain altitude, 5km within aerodomes, near important installations, or in violation of property, etc....

IDA states that any transmitting station requires a license.....
                              [SIZE="1"]
                              [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                              Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X