Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for sealed 25 amp 12v battery

Can someone please let me know of a good vendor for 12 volt sealed battery. My starter/charger battery on my flight box just died.I am looking for something with about 15 -25 amps. The vendor I have been buying from is located at the groundfloor of Sim Lim Sq and I think that his prices are getting to be out of this world ie. expensive.
    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Think there are several shops at Sim Lim Tower basement 1 selling these batteries. Not Sim Lim Square.
    Heli
    Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
    Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
    Buggy
    Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
    Charger : Tahmazo T15
    Balancer : TP205
    Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

I think you mean to say the basement shop at the slt? Their price are getting higher.

Try the shop at the top floor of slt that sells practically anything, gws kit, taimiya stuff, electronics.... I forgot the name liao, but it is the shop that faces the escalator. I got a 12v 12Ah for $20+.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, I have been to those shops already. They usually have unknown brand names. The one I had that just went kaput in less than 3 months was one of them so I am not keen to go repeat the same mistake again. I'm sticking to a known brand - Yuasa, Bosch etc. I had a 20 amp Yuasa and that lasted almost two years of constant use. Unfortunately, the cost of the replacement quoted by the basement shop is too much to swallow.

I will try the motorcycle workshops.

Confucius

Comment

I gave in and bought a 12v 12 amp sealed cell for $36 from the shop next to the battery shop at the basement of SLT. No name brand from Taiwan. Hope it will not go phhhhwwt! after 3 weeks like the one I bought before (also another no name brand).

Confucius

Comment

Late

Ooops.... was with a fren that day at SLT. He bought the Yuasa batt from B1-25.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
              Ooops.... was with a fren that day at SLT. He bought the Yuasa batt from B1-25.

Mike
              Yes, that is the one I usually buy from but has now gotten very expensive. Which was why I was looking for alternative vendor.

Confucius

Comment

the brand i using now is BB battery, 1 year plus still working well. Not much difference from my yuasa.

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,

I also used the BB batteries, bought from the shop on the top floor. Cost about $16++. Bought it in Feb. Still going strong.
                  Initially wanted to get a motorcycle motor, but the cost is expensive. Quoted $60 for the same rating, 12V, 7Amp, but it is branded. So I recommend the BB batteries. CNG.

Cheers

Happy Flying.
                  Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Sealed lead acid battery

Anyone interested in sealed lead acid battery, 12V, AH of varous range (7, 9 12....)

1st first supplier, can contact Exide Singapore Pte Ltd who are dealing with all Lead acide battery, Saleman is SAM, email: sam@exideworld.com.sg

Mobile: 91522317

Comment

Working...
                    X