Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmitter Lipo Pack (JR)

Hi,

Any bro out there use the Hitec-OPTIC 6? I just bought a Transmitter Lipo Pack (JR) for it. And it supose can charge your radio once a month, instead of once a week! This Transmitter Lipo packs provide 3 times the duration at half the weight!

Specifications:
    Dimensions: 95mm x 30mm x 24mm
    maximum discharge rate: 9C
    Capacity(mAh): 1800mah
    Voltage: 11.1v (3 Cell)
    Weight: 144 grams

Need to use back the orginal adapter. The question is, the previous batt was a NiMh Battery and now with this Transmitter Lipo Pack (JR) can i still use back the original charger to charge it?
    sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Originally posted by abner
    Hi,

Any bro out there use the Hitec-OPTIC 6? I just bought a Transmitter Lipo Pack (JR) for it. And it supose can charge your radio once a month, instead of once a week! This Transmitter Lipo packs provide 3 times the duration at half the weight!

Specifications:
    Dimensions: 95mm x 30mm x 24mm
    maximum discharge rate: 9C
    Capacity(mAh): 1800mah
    Voltage: 11.1v (3 Cell)
    Weight: 144 grams

Need to use back the orginal adapter. The question is, the previous batt was a NiMh Battery and now with this Transmitter Lipo Pack (JR) can i still use back the original charger to charge it?
    DO not use the original TX charger!!! Please seal up the charging port on ur radio or make a marking.
    Unlike the original batt which is ni-cd, the tx pack u got is li-po and shd be charged w/ an li-po batt charger.
    Also, do not wait till the tx beeps u a low batt warning before u charge the pack. Lipo cut off is 9v. I would advice u to charge the batt when it hits below 11v.

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
      DO not use the original TX charger!!! Please seal up the charging port on ur radio or make a marking.
      Unlike the original batt which is ni-cd, the tx pack u got is li-po and shd be charged w/ an li-po batt charger.
      Also, do not wait till the tx beeps u a low batt warning before u charge the pack. Lipo cut off is 9v. I would advice u to charge the batt when it hits below 11v.
      Oh.. that really the case??? Damn..so i have to remove it from the TX everytime i want to charge it??

Comment

Originally posted by abner
        Oh.. that really the case??? Damn..so i have to remove it from the TX everytime i want to charge it??
        Wanted to get a 'power pack' batt for my tx but when i knew that i have to remove the batt for seperate charge and that was why i'm still sticking back to the ni-cd tx batt. What to do,lazy ppl like me just have to settle for the basic.

Comment

Hey Guys,

think abt it this way:
          with normal ni-cd + tx charger, u have to charge overnight to get a decent full charge. This takes ~10hr. What if u forgot to unplug the charger? Then the batt gets trickle charge for a few hrs too long..dunno wat tt does to batt life.

with lipo, u gotta pop the batt out. But charging with a computer charger takes ~1hr and the alarm makes sure u rem to remove the batt from the charger.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
            Hey Guys,

think abt it this way:
            with normal ni-cd + tx charger, u have to charge overnight to get a decent full charge. This takes ~10hr. What if u forgot to unplug the charger? Then the batt gets trickle charge for a few hrs too long..dunno wat tt does to batt life.

with lipo, u gotta pop the batt out. But charging with a computer charger takes ~1hr and the alarm makes sure u rem to remove the batt from the charger.

My 2 cents.
            Actually i have an idea... ... i dun know it will work or not.... ok.. u see... the lipo have two connector with it.. one was convert to fix to the TX the other teo plug in connector still available... hmmm... wonder can i just use the lipo charger to charge the lipo without removing it from the TX.. Any bro try this already?

Comment

Not advisable to charge lipo batt inside TX . Remove it and charge on a fire resistant mat/container. Be ssfe than sorry .
              Cheers,
              Hood

Comment

Originally posted by 366
                Not advisable to charge lipo batt inside TX . Remove it and charge on a fire resistant mat/container. Be ssfe than sorry .

well i m already doing it... i think is ok....

Comment

Duration for charging TX Li-po batt

Hi,

Any bro out there use Transmitter Lipo Pack (JR)?? i like to know want fully charge what are the voltage indicated on the TX LCD screen show? As i been charging it since 2 till now still charging... and the voltage read 12.7v and still not full charge.... is that normal? what are the time charge for 1st charge usually? Pls help...

Comment

Maybe you should try charging it outside the tx.

Comment

correct charging voltage

Hi bro,

The transmitter bty that u talk about at fully charge is very OK at 12.7V.
                      Those tx bty comes with a cell balancer, which will automatically cuts off charging each individual cell at 4.3v. Normal li-poly cell is at 4.15 to 4.17 per cell. Ieal balance cell is 4.17 per cell. so 4.17 * 3 = 12.51V is best rate.

It is a troublesome to take out and charge, but u only need to charge once for 5-6 flts. So ends up lesser work.

As for whether it is safe to charge in the tx ? Firstly make sure u are using a Lii-po charger!!! The li-po bty is safer to charge on a fire resistance mat. However, these tx bty comes with cell balancer, which it is a safety feature for over charging and limiting over current to your tx. it is should be pretty safe, but i took it out because i do not have the connector to charge direct to tx.

My li-po is different brand but all specs same. (think all oem from china)

Hope it helps.

Bear

Comment

Hello, I have been using lipo TX batt on my 9C for about 1 year now. I charge it in TX at 0.5 Amp using a modified plug like what you did. No problem. The voltage will be a little high compared to Ni-cd/Ni-mh but its about the the same if you use alkaline batts, so tx can take lipo 3S fully charge.

The only thing you NEVER EVER do is forget to turn TX off for more that 10 hrs. It would destroy the BATT.(over discharge)

Otherwise it is the best thing for TX. Especially Glider flyers where sometimes flight duration is limited by TX batt and not A/bourne pack. also it so cheap nowadays, the dualsky ones come with current protection. As a matter of fact I dont turn off my TX once I am on the field if nobody else flies my frequency...this is to indicate and prevent all potential frequency clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices
                          Hello, I have been using lipo TX batt on my 9C for about 1 year now. I charge it in TX at 0.5 Amp using a modified plug like what you did. No problem. The voltage will be a little high compared to Ni-cd/Ni-mh but its about the the same if you use alkaline batts, so tx can take lipo 3S fully charge.

The only thing you NEVER EVER do is forget to turn TX off for more that 10 hrs. It would destroy the BATT.(over discharge)

Otherwise it is the best thing for TX. Especially Glider flyers where sometimes flight duration is limited by TX batt and not A/bourne pack. also it so cheap nowadays, the dualsky ones come with current protection. As a matter of fact I dont turn off my TX once I am on the field if nobody else flies my frequency...this is to indicate and prevent all potential frequency clash.

Cool.... when will be ideal to recharge the li-po batt... there bro indicated that is idea to charge when it fall below 11V. But from my unstanding is that li-po baat cut off at 9V... so what will be the best time to recharge the TX li-po

Comment

unlike ni-cd, lipo has no memory effect...you can top up at any voltage. Just top it up before your weekend....but never let it drop below 9.6v, that would kill the cell.

Comment

Working...
                            X