Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last, I brought an E-starter

At last, I did it!!!! I bought myself an E-starter today. This is my first EP plane. Now to find time to build it. Looks complicated!!!!! Maybe, will take 2 days leave next week to build it.

Phanchingchong bro, you juz completed building your e-starter right?? Me stay in Punggol too. Can spend some time guilding me to build this baby????
    Life's a joke. Keep laughing....

It is quite easy to build the estarter.

Comment

Congrats dude!

First of all be gentle.... and read the instructions.... sometimes understanding why, is more important then how to do the connection or gluing..... cause the instructions at times are not explicit...

a few tip...
      1.) have everything available before building... eg, epoxy, wood, electronics, connectors and such...
      2.) the e-starter need to reinforce the main fuselage.
      3.) use stick&rubber band to secure the wing... that screw with the small black piece of plastic will not hold the wing to the fuselage for long...
      4.) Try placing the electronics in the fuselage and plan the location BEFORE you glue it together... its easiler to cut.
      5.) Decide the battery you wanna use.... 2S or 3S eventually... cause cutting the battery compartment is usually a must if you wanna use lipo... just how much...
      6.) EPOXY the landing gear plastics to the foam. Believe me this is a must...
      7.) Enjoy your flight, try to get someone to help you maiden it... once trimmed this is one plane thats quite easy to fly...

maybe one day all the ES should gather and do some formation flying already getting to be a big club liao

Comment

Imagine 10 e starters doing a low pass one by one... Super cool.

I also just got my e starter. Very easy build, but you definitely have to do a lot of planning. I also did some mod to include a trike landing gear instead of the LG provided..

And it is a very relaxing flyer, just a bit faster rthen the slowstick.
        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_
          At last, I did it!!!! I bought myself an E-starter today. This is my first EP plane. Now to find time to build it. Looks complicated!!!!! Maybe, will take 2 days leave next week to build it.

Phanchingchong bro, you juz completed building your e-starter right?? Me stay in Punggol too. Can spend some time guilding me to build this baby????
          No problem if I can help - at least I know where I did wrong this time. My plane is built but I need to solder the esc and motor connector on.

Actually its not complicated - just irritating that it (as with other planes) has to be built and cannot be flown immediately - for me that is. BUt if you enjoy building, it is actually a short build.

Comment

wen will the e-starter 'gathering' b...?!

bros... wen will the e-starter be leh? i oso wan join in! hehe... actually wan post my e-starter pix but file too big leh...

Comment

Originally posted by phanchingchong
              No problem if I can help - at least I know where I did wrong this time. My plane is built but I need to solder the esc and motor connector on.

Actually its not complicated - just irritating that it (as with other planes) has to be built and cannot be flown immediately - for me that is. BUt if you enjoy building, it is actually a short build.
              Thks.... YOu are the man ...... Buy you kopi... PMed your. drop me an sms mate....

Comment

Originally posted by barkebark
                bros... wen will the e-starter be leh? i oso wan join in! hehe... actually wan post my e-starter pix but file too big leh...
                shrink it using the photo editor in windows?

Comment

may i know how much you bought?
                  The more you fly, the better you are!

Comment

I think without motor is 40.

Comment

check out pips website. should be quite ok the price.

Comment

ohh.... erm... newbie here seeking for some help........
                        The more you fly, the better you are!

Comment

you mean the link to the website? its on the daddy hobby main page. on the left there's some rectangle boxes. those are some of the LHS that are erm... linked from here.

Comment

Originally posted by henryscy
                            may i know how much you bought?
                            Bought the EPS 350 combo from Skyhobbies for $73. You will need another servo cost $19 from them. Then GWS ESC for abt $25.

Skyhobbies sells dynam tx and rx for a good price too... (if you don;t already own a set.)

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_
                              Bought the EPS 350 combo from Skyhobbies for $73. You will need another servo cost $19 from them. Then GWS ESC for abt $25.

Skyhobbies sells dynam tx and rx for a good price too... (if you don;t already own a set.)
                              Estarter with EPS350 costs 49.70 from rotor. GWS esc isnt rly good, they dun make full use of stick range and the resolution is not very good either. I suggest the GreatPlanes C25. Dynam tx and rx is not rly well known yet and its quality, range etc are also questionable.

Comment

Working...
                              X