Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

begginers issue (:

hi everyone (: im new here , am 15 this year , and well yeah , i fancy planes , and whatever that flies since i was small , i dont know quite alot about them but yeha , had a rc plane , some cheap carefour plane that cost 20 bucks XD well , it broke after its like 20th flight , and finally after i learnt to fly it . thing is that , it had 2 engines , one on the left and on the right , prop plane , and to turn , one engine would go faster . it works , but everytime i tried to turn the plane , the bloody thing crashed . dont want that kinda experiences . so er what would you people reckon i try as a begginger ?

thanks (:

aaron

first of all...welcome to the forum...

Common stuff eg, frequency check procedure, generally information pertaining to local flying, legal issue, no flying zone etc.
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

wow thanks . but is that really what i would need to fly a plane?

Comment

yea you would need

1. controller (transmitter which is the box your hold in your hands)- aka TX

then the stuff that goes into the plane:
        2. receiver aka rx
        (the following are connected to the rx)
        3. servos which are mini motors to move the control surfaces
        4. electronic speed controller (ESC) to control the motor speed
        5. battery to power the motor and servos which is connected to the esc
        6. motor with the prop to power the plane forward

you may want to borrow this. its free.
        http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12916

hope this helps. btw do expect to pay at least 150 odd dollars for this hobby. as a student too, i'd advise you start saving.. or do well in your exams to get rewarded.

"To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
        E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
        SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
        T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
        UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
        Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
        F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
        Charger- Turnigy AC6
        sigpic

Comment

if ur looking for a plane to buy, i would recommend the Estarter if you are joining a funfly. If you arent joining a funfly it might be better to buy a plane such as the Easystar as it is easier to fly since it doesnt have ailerons.

cheers
          shmuckerz

Comment

Originally posted by 3lue
            hi everyone (: im new here , am 15 this year , and well yeah , i fancy planes , and whatever that flies since i was small , i dont know quite alot about them but yeha , had a rc plane , some cheap carefour plane that cost 20 bucks XD well , it broke after its like 20th flight , and finally after i learnt to fly it . thing is that , it had 2 engines , one on the left and on the right , prop plane , and to turn , one engine would go faster . it works , but everytime i tried to turn the plane , the bloody thing crashed . dont want that kinda experiences . so er what would you people reckon i try as a begginger ?

thanks (:

aaron
            The plane u mentioned is a good plane. I have one as well. The trick to this plane is;
            -Do not full throttle all the way as it will keep climbing & once power not enough, it will crash. Maintain level flt by increasing & decreasing the throttle control.
            -Turn the plane bit by bit. Not fully to the right or left else it will loose power easily & crash. Also turn while at a higher altitude. I can fly mine to about 3 stories high in no wind condition. However, lately it was 'attracted' to a lamp 6 in Pungol. No damage though.

Hope these tips helps & welcome to the hobby that will keep draining $$$ from your pocket
            Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
            Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
            Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
            Things to Sell:
            - T-rex 450XL NIB
            - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

wow u can actually fly them????
              Do u hand launch it?
              i tried to help someone once but evertime i tried to throw it it would just crash back into the ground...

Comment

that was my first plane too!!

Hehe that was my first plane too. I only managed to crash it, but my wife managed to get a few minutes under its wings. Personally i dont think it can really fly, unless you're really a pro. I mean really. What that plane can do really well is cartwheels on the ground . hehe

I would suggest to anyone who is just starting to go with the slowstick. It gets into the air effortlessly and it glides forever, you can turn off the throttle once you gain some altitude and just float. I gained lots of confidence flying my Slowstick and now I have progressed by adding ailerons to it (via wing dragon wings). It's so much more fun now with the new wings as there is less drag and it can do all sorts of stuff; rolls, snap rolls, inverted flight, basic stall turns; even with stock motor. A highly versatile plane i believe. But I still have lots more to learn but they are alot of guys here who can really help us newbies.
                Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

my goodness ?! but its like i cant fly it in tail wind , and only can fly it in a breeze , so like without a breeze , it crashes . eh well , it finally broke today , off to find a new better plane (: the easy star and slow stick look good , but are they really easy to fly? and is there a plane where i can like fly indoors and outdoors kinda thing?

Comment

shmuckerz,
                    do you own a Easystar?
                    have you flown it ?

What would you recommend to 3lue power system for the EasyStar?
                    Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Slowstick is good. Easy to constuct and repair. And since the fuslage is made of metal.. it is durable.
                      Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
                      Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
                      Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
                      Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
                      Heli
                      Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
                      Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

Build your own from recognised and tested foam plane designs on the web. U can get all the building tools from Art friend at Taka. Double-sided tape and hot glue and paper clips go a long way.

U'll learn a lot more...

Comment

i guess learning to fly first, then on to self building would be slightly better because you'll spend less time in the work shop and more time in the field. so maybe a kit plane from gws will be a good start? slow stick, e starter or beaver? cause learning to self build without any prior experience is really difficult. but some pple are very good at this kinda thing though. like micro heli siad, after you have built your own scratch built plane, you learn alot of stuff from experimenting.. really useful.. try considering.
                          "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                          E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
                          SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
                          T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
                          UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
                          Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
                          F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
                          Charger- Turnigy AC6
                          sigpic

Comment

alright , i'll consider that , but will anything happen if i build the plane wrongly?

Comment

Originally posted by 3lue
                              alright , i'll consider that , but will anything happen if i build the plane wrongly?

Ummm... most likly it will land fast. (not landing the right way tho)

You should either get an estarter or slow stick. After flying those for a while, it would be "easier" for you to start building our own planes.

Comment

Working...
                              X