Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo Dennis,

Flying the IFO or flying wings has different feel compared to normal planes (tail,wing,rudder).

I agree with you that it is very sensitive, especially small movement on your control stick throws the plane spining.....keke..... I actually added some exponential to it will help.

Cheers!

Happy flying...
    Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

See lah ! ...now you got me ichy to dig up my old kites ....I mean IFOs !
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I recently built another rc kite using 2.5mm CF rods for the main frame. Joints are done using nylon tubings and CA.

Here's the problem: the kite experience sudden nose dives (aka "tucking") at higher speeds. Rolls are also sluggish as the frame seems to be flexing too much... My previous kite using 3mm CF and plastic joints from rotor didn't have this problem...

Anyone has the same problem as above?
        Also, will "tucking" be eliminated if i did the joints using the thread+CA method?

Thanks!

Comment

update

Originally posted by gEcky
          I recently built another rc kite using 2.5mm CF rods for the main frame. Joints are done using nylon tubings and CA.

Here's the problem: the kite experience sudden nose dives (aka "tucking") at higher speeds. Rolls are also sluggish as the frame seems to be flexing too much... My previous kite using 3mm CF and plastic joints from rotor didn't have this problem...

Anyone has the same problem as above?
          Also, will "tucking" be eliminated if i did the joints using the thread+CA method?

Thanks!
          No response from here so i just had to try out n see for myself. Nylon tubings were removed and CF rods were joint using the thread+CA method. Tucking now occurs at a higher speed and normal flying with occasional burst of throttle is more enjoyable. Rolls are quicker but still too sluggish when exe from level flight at lower speeds.

Comment

Do you have a pict of your setup?

Comment

Hi gEck

pointer to note, due to the flying characteristic IFO tat you are facing:

1) the cloth material is slagging, the material that is giving the problems. Warping while turning. (front bumper rod - change length shorten by 1" dwn till IFO stable) clothe material will tighten too by this method.

2)the central spar is weak , strengthen it by two more 2.5mm rod. III spar from the 1/3 (motorall the way dwn to the C.G. ) Strength the front spar too , double spar the front by II (the intersection of center spar and the horizontal spar where the cloth material start).

Hope that this 2 pointers helps..

May the force be with you..

Zennith

Comment

Originally posted by zennith
                Hi gEck

pointer to note, due to the flying characteristic IFO tat you are facing:

1) the cloth material is slagging, the material that is giving the problems. Warping while turning. (front bumper rod - change length shorten by 1" dwn till IFO stable) clothe material will tighten too by this method.

2)the central spar is weak , strengthen it by two more 2.5mm rod. III spar from the 1/3 (motorall the way dwn to the C.G. ) Strength the front spar too , double spar the front by II (the intersection of center spar and the horizontal spar where the cloth material start).

Hope that this 2 pointers helps..

May the force be with you..

Zennith
                Thanks Zennith!
                So my suspicions were right..the 2.5mm cf were too weak and flexes in flight. I ve used 2 x 2.5mm CF for my fuse/central spar in the current design but guess it is still too weak.

I'll prob be building another kite soon, this time aiming for a 40-45cm width TE Hope the wing loading is still acceptable. AUW for my current one with 60cm TE, 40cm LE, 40cm fuse is jus < 300g. Level flight at 1/3 stick, hovers at 2/3. I'm using the middle sized gws BLM (something 002?) with 1047 prop and a 2s1p 1200mAh lipo.

Comment

Working...
                X