Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone made a plane with 4 motors?

Just wondering, has anyone made a plane that has 4 motors?
    If you use brush motors would you have to use 2 ESC or would it be possible to use something like one 60amp esc for all 4 motors?
    and i guess you would have to use two batteries.
    Im not trying to build one, just curious about it.

cheers
    shmuckerz

I'm building something with 6 motors. A single ESC will feed all 6 of them in parallel connections. Expecting to draw around 30 amps. Anything more than that, I'll go for dual parallel setup instead.

Comment

Just a simple calculation here, correct me if I'm wrong ppl. If 1 motor draws 10Amps and ur ESC can give 20 amps output, it is safe to use 2 motors on one ESC. BUT, as a general rule of thumb, a 25amps or more ESC is recomended, because motor tend to draw more amps than stated.

Let's say a BL motor draws 30Amps, u don't get a 30Amps ESC, u get higher amp ESC, say 35 amps > or more. so 2 BL motors = 60 Amps. Then get 2 35Amps ESC or `1 70 amps> or more ESC.

my 2 cents
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
        I'm building something with 6 motors. A single ESC will feed all 6 of them in parallel connections. Expecting to draw around 30 amps. Anything more than that, I'll go for dual parallel setup instead.
        wow!
        can u put some pics of it?

cheers
        shmuckerz

Comment

Originally posted by shmuckerz
          wow!
          can u put some pics of it?

cheers
          shmuckerz
          Not now. I'll do that when it's ready for its maiden.

Comment

Working...
          X