Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWS Beaver

My friend just bought a GWS beaver. He needs building tips, any parts need to be modified or reinforced? I have not flown this plane before, hope you guys can help.
    Thanks.

the wings will definitely need carbon rod reinforcements

before it starts to clap when you full too much elevator

TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

fuseledge is very strong.
      Reinforce the wings.
      Also.. don't fly when you have a loose wing spur.

The stock wing is very very weak... very easy to fold in flight.
      Fly gentle... the wing is not meant to take any rough handling... but the fuseledge can take lots of rough landings.
      huh

Comment

Thanks, will put some tapes below the wings. BTW how do you guys reinforced the wings?
        Can the Servos be changed after the body is glue together?

Comment

hi I have been flying my beaver for a year or so before putting it in the closet, just reactivated it because my wife has just started flying, re-wing the plane with a cessna 182 wing from jet hobby, making it an aileron trainer. flies well.

if you want to use the original wing, at the end of the instruction, there is a mod for twin wings struct, do that. It reduces wing flutter significantly. With the mod you can trash the plane as much as you like, the wing can take it.

The other mod is the landing gear attachment, recommend to epoxy the part of the gear that goes into the fuselage onto a piece of ply of slightly bigger size before inserting and epoxying into fuselage. pls dont reinforce fuselage.

mushroom motor 2410-18 with 9070 prop with 2s lipo 1800-2200 mah greatly increases duration. happy flying.

Comment

Working...
          X