X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast 46 size plastic delta; build thread

Hi all,

Recently i have experienced the need for speed, CHEEP speed,
    so i did a search on Rcuniverse.com for a cheap dleta and i came up with the plans for this "BULL DAWG" which is a SPAD brought to us by the good people at, http://www.spssalesinc.com/spaddawgs_photos.htm. for those that don't know spad stand for, simple plastic airplane design.
    I was bored, so i decided to build one with the OS 46 ax that came off my departed PC-9 (sold)
    the build is realy very simple, it consists of,
    one length of aluminum box section,
    2 sheets of coroplast,
    a bit of ply wood,
    engine mount,
    and about 5 carbon rods.

the construction starts with a 21 inch length of aluminum box section,
    i cut a peice of ply wood to the inside dimensions of the box section(firewall), and trimmed of the back starting. I screwed the fire wall into the the box section with 8 sheet metal screws and used some epoxy(wasn't necessary) to further secure it, i used a dave brown motor mount which are the smallest type.

next comes the construction of the wing, its realy very simple, the wing consist of 2 parts, the top part and the bottom part, the bottom part has the flutes of the coroplast runing span wise and the other part fo the wing (the top part) has the flutes running chord wise. Just mark it out with a permanant marker and use box cutter and ruller to cut out the wing

more to come tommorow
    Shuttle plus/OS37 rock on!
    Seagull Model Yak 54/SPE 26cc
    scanner/OS46AX COMPLETLY GREAT!
Working...
X