Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current draw for GWS warbird

Anyone got any idea? I am on stock w 9070 prop. Base on estimation, it should draw around 8 amps. Is a 10A esc sufficient if I operate on 3S LIPO and restrict the throttle end pt to 75%....?

Mike

Base on spec. it will do, but the ESC will heat up more as compare to using a higher spec ESC. For the GWS warbird will not be a good idea. As the ESC is installed within the plane and the ESC is not expose to free flowing air. Hence the cooling is not that efficient. The ESC may heat up faster than it should be and lead to unnecessary cut off. That is why I use a higher rated ESC instead of one that just sufficient for the job.

Higer supply voltage (3S) will make the ESC work harder too, as now it need to step down the voltage for the Rx from 11V to 5V. This will lead to more heating as the servos work during the flight. That is why most ESC will be able to handle more cells configuration if they are not used to power the Rx.

Comment

If u are looking at 3s, it's impossible to get 8 amps for good performance. look at something like 10-13 amps.
      anyway just fork out a few dollars more and get a 30 amps which u can switch to future models with motors up to 480 size

loyn is right regarding the bec factor also, something to consider.
      no point having any danger of dropping the plane due to mechanical/electronic faults.

Comment

Mike get a higher rated ESC, that should solve the problem. Take note of the amp limit for the bec even those micro servo may not be taking too much amp but who knows.

"it is better to be safe than to be sorry"

Comment

Thanks guys..... I am waiting to get the CC25 from an oversea trade. I will go brushless, just decided after david's crash

Thanks for all info.... Now need help on brushless selection

Mike

Comment

oh ........ not again never ending story from Mike always on the move

Comment

Working...
            X