Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire size for linkages

Hi..What are the common size that are you use as linkages from the servos to the flaps...Where can i get them?I built my foam kit before with the stock wire so I am not sure what are the size best for foamys../ifo .etcThanks.

Originally posted by ofna
    Hi..What are the common size that are you use as linkages from the servos to the flaps...Where can i get them?I built my foam kit before with the stock wire so I am not sure what are the size best for foamys../ifo .etcThanks.
    1mm piano wire is good enuough. If too long a length is required, it may flex too much and you may want to run it in a plastic tubing like in foam kits.

Comment

i saw rotor have those kind of carbon rods...are they similar to piano wire or they will break when bend/>where else can i get piano wire beside jethobby.....?

Comment

U can try NTC

Comment

Actually Rotor have piano wires too, its at the back of the shop at the balsa section.

1 thing I know is, carbon rod cannot bend, it will break (splinter seems more appropriate)

Comment

oh ok..i think its at the place where they stack their balsa strips.Any idea how much?Normally carbon rod to reinforce the foamies..flyers use the normal rod or hollow ones?

Comment

Filament tape use?

HI.Managed to get the piano wire at rotor.left two pc.Btw, i saw a tape 3M at rotor..but the staff not sure what can the tape be used for..its quite similar to the one posted at rotor hobby website..may i know what are the uses besides wrapping round the planes for protection?can use as hinge tapes?

Comment

Comment

If u go Tiong Bahru Road along the old shop houses the filament tape cost onie $8.50 at 3M shop/warehouse. very cheap...Jet selling at 13-15 I think.
                  Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
                  Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
                  Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
                  Things to Sell:
                  - T-rex 450XL NIB
                  - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Crabby
                    If u go Tiong Bahru Road along the old shop houses the filament tape cost onie $8.50 at 3M shop/warehouse. very cheap...Jet selling at 13-15 I think.
                    are these tapes multi-purpose use...?

Comment

Very strong tape use to re-enforce wings or fuse (foam planes) as it does not stretch due to the filament on it. or use it to stick this stick that.

Comment

Originally posted by mjck
                        Very strong tape use to re-enforce wings or fuse (foam planes) as it does not stretch due to the filament on it. or use it to stick this stick that.
                        oh ok...i guess its similar to hinge tapes then...

Comment

Working...
                        X