Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery for nitro plane

what battery capacity is suitable for nitro place

if you're running normal servos like 4-5 pcs then a 1100mah to 1700mah ni cd should be sufficient

4 flights on that should be ok

nothing more
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

A friend of mine uses a lipo pack in his nitro....last forever man...but u need a BEC to step the volts down...does anyone knows how much a BEC cost?
      OnDuty:
      EPP Red Reno
      Nitro SeaBee .46
      EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
      Frio 3d

InHanger:

GreatPlanes P-51 Mustang .61 4 stroke for sale

Comment

5 Std servos. I ran with a 700mAh 6V battery that is designed for RC car.
        Enough to last for > 1hr... (about 30 minutes of air time, 30 minutes of ground time.)

5std servos, 1800mAH 4V std rx battery, last me one morning of FF, with about 1.5 hours of air time, 1 hour of gound time. Still have capacity to spare.

When choosing a battery, look at what servos are you using, and your flying style (3D? Relax flying with mild aerobics? Pattern?) This will determine how much energy is drained per flight.

Also, do consider the plane's CG and wing load factor. You won't want buy a high capacity battery and end up having a plane with a higher wing load (1/2A nitro planes).. or put a tiny battery and then realise that the plane is tail heavy...
        huh

Comment

on a 40sized fun fly, after 3 x 10mins flights running 5 normal servos(i.e. hitec 475) on 4.8v, my charger pumps back around 250mah.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X