Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Ducted Fan .... Wattage MIG

Looks like EDF is hunting me ......

Had been looking at ducted fan posting recently.....

Any clue any one had one of these wattage MIG in Singapore? Would love to see one fly

US$50 does not seem too ex.....

Any taker?

Cheers

Mike

champion sells that...
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Hahahaha...... what can I say Mike you are the man, first the warbird now EDF...... in BL configuration ? Well it is fun as this is something diff, but make sure you find out about the performance and power requirement as under powered EDF model is no fun to fly if you consider the GWS warbird is already too slow for you

fyi I am looking into up grade the power units for my A-10. It is just too under power to fly

Comment

Originally posted by loyn

fyi I am looking into up grade the power units for my A-10. It is just too under power to fly
        Mount 2 of these?

For the pair, you will get 38LB thrust @ 120,000 RPM
        but the exhaust might just burnt the foam.......
        huh

Comment

Yeah!! Mount at least one Turbine engine and your A-10 can fly even with the wings shorten to half!!

Super-Hornet

Comment

loyn:
            is your A10 the edf55 or edf50 version?
            feigao came up with an ips size b/l motor according to rcgroups but i'm not too sure about getting it from er~~Hemmm... our local dealer?
            If u're going to replace the brushed ips motors, don't think of getting locally. what we have locally, edp50 drive, is the RXC version. What you want is the RLC version. If u feel your motors cannot make it liao, changing to edp50 motor will disappoint you even further... from marginal power to cannot fly. so pls take note.

I've heard of people putting 2XAF010 systems into the A10 but the cost......... well it's another story.

be careful of changing to high kv bl systems for edfs, the rotor might not be able to take the rpm at all.... esp gws ones...

ducted fan models take more concentration in flight, having to make smooth turns to keep up the speed, once u stall in a hard turn, that's it liao... for prop still have chance, for ducted fan... not much ah... but that makes it all the more challenging to fly.

Comment

Thank nic for your advise if that is the up grade I have (2 units of that) ..... I don't need the wing to fly

Ken thanks for your real advise for sure I will be happy to try the BL version of the ips motor, but as you said not too sure about where to get them and with that may come the extra cost for the ESC too. On the other hand, how about those ips motor from air craft world are they the RLC type? If yes may be I can try them.

Yup flying EDF is totally diff from normal prop driven plane, 100% concentration and have to be smooth on your stick as power output form those IPS EDF is realy slow. Crashed for the first few time and now more use to the flying characteristic. Looks like very limited resource for the up grade On the other hand saw a EDF kit (with out motor) at NTC not sure how much and looks like is design for 280 motor. Wonder can they work as the size is simular to the edf50. Any advise? Thanks

Comment

Guess what? I sent them an email on the shipping charges for 3 sets of the MIG-15 right after the first post.

They came back this morning ......

Shipping will be by Fed Ex and will cost $111.00

Wa lau.... killer man..... each kit suppose to be ard 20oz = 550g

if plus 450g each for packaging also no need so ex mah.....

I use global priorty and the shipping looks reasonable..... D.Yeo..... where are you......

Cheers

Mike

Comment

vPOSTusa?

Last edited by nic; 25-08-2004, 09:09 AM.
                  huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                    vPOSTusa?

http://www.vpostusa.com/
                    Yup .... tried that .... looks like shipping is abt S$60 from US to Singapore for 3 kit. yum yum .... like me write to them again

Cheers

Mike

Comment

ips brushless

hi guys

jus in case anyone's interested

ips-feigao brushless

medusa ips brushless

Comment

I have a friend maidening the F-86 (mig-15 equivalent) this coming sunday morning at yishun. Brushless mega 16/15/3 and 10 cells.

Comment

Hey!!! Yishun where?

Can come and see?

Super-Hornet

Comment

avenue 7 carpark

Comment

hey mike

i'll be moving into my dorm tomorrow or so, and soon after should be able to start finding out about shipping stuff up and down, so let me know !

did they give you the shipping info for the kits ? dont know if i can get usps priority very easily here but shouldnt be too big a problem.

dy

Comment

Working...
                              X