Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cg of micro jet

hi was wondering if anyone has experience with the micro jet..
    bought one from ntc and couldn't get it up in the air..

Multiplex recommended CG has been pretty good for all it's planes and i don't think the MJ will differ far. Most common issue is the launch of the plane, which has to be fast enough for it to get on step, else it'll just snap into the ground. also, it's better to add in some reflex on the ailerons for launching.

Comment

speeder, r u new in RC PLane or experience flyer?

TT Cub (Destroyed)
      Space Scooter (Ready for maiden)
      Happy Boy (Building)
      Ofna Hyper 7

Comment

i have flown a few trainer plane and a flying wing...
        i tried launching and the micro jet just dive straight down..
        (using stock motor on 3s)

Comment

hi,
          u need a fairly hard launch straight and let the plane pick up speed before u pull to get it up. Dont launch too high an angle or pull immediately after u launch else it will lose speed and stall. like wat ammo said, the most common problem is the torque roll after launch. best is u get some1 else to lanuch for u so u can get ready to counter the roll.
          what's next?

Comment

i'll try to get someone to launch for me...
            thanks for the info!

Comment

Micro-jet

Hi, I have converted the MJ into a EDF(electric ducted fan) after a bad crash ,First attempt ,control too sensitive...and out of control . Crash with a crooked noose.
              Second attempt with the elevon set to neutral bite the dust during launch, got more crooked nose and a damage Electric ducted fan.

Went to the internet and look for clues.
              and final setup.
              1) Check C.G must be correct.
              2.)Aileron throw 5mm to 6mm up-down.
              3) Elevator up 1 to 2mm and not neutral.
              4) During hand launch elevator stick pull up 75% to 100% depending whether there is head wind. Get someone to launch for you.

During throw, 10 to 15 degrees angle up with strong throw like a catapult action-fast to give moment of inertia launch with elevator stick pull up
              ...and watch out for the torque rolls for pusher.
              EDF do not have torque rolls problem.

Once launch, the plane will sink a bit and then it takes off.
              For EDF the speed gradually built up at full power and than it goes like a "bullet" so watch out for any jungles nearby..
              This plane is very stable in flight.

If you still cannot take off ,change the brush to a suitable brushless motor.
              Try the Align 400-450L series 1.5-2.5KV motor or equivalent on 3 lipo cells, 1800maH packs.

Hope this will help.

Cheers

Babylon5

QUOTE=speeder]hi was wondering if anyone has experience with the micro jet..
              bought one from ntc and couldn't get it up in the air.. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
              X