Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another P-51 for my collection

Well started off onto another project, this time another almost to scale P-51 However, is back to what I do best ...... go to small size. It is a convertion of a 12" rubber power plane to RC. Not sure will it work but try my best Just finish off the mounting of the motor to the body. The 10 cent coin is for size reference. Will keep you all on the progress.

The overall view of the rubber powered P-51 convertion in progress.

Comment

Nice Lyon !!!!!! i like the plane very very much!! JK AmpVolts sponsor 1 pack of 10C 350mah 2S1P to this project
      VXR Racing

Jason Koh

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ices
        Nice Lyon !!!!!! i like the plane very very much!! JK AmpVolts sponsor 1 pack of 10C 350mah 2S1P to this project

I will delete JK AmpVolts user acc tonight cos they did not sponsor me anything Just kidding!

Loyn ... big time ppl pay for your batts man .... think u need to put "JK Amp" at the side of yr plane liao

Cheers

Mike

Comment

is there any user account named "JK AmpVolts"???
          Team RCFlipMaster

Comment

Guys thanks for all the support, more than happy to accept the sponsorship On the other hand, this plane is design for sigle cell operation. I am planning to use a 140 ~ 180 mAh lipo for it. As it is not using std servo and ESC.

Just an update on the progress, have manage to install the magnetic coil acturator as shown. It will be use for the elevator. At the same time, a dry fit for the receiver and ESC unit.

Comment

Rx in the plane, overall size is about 1X2.5 cm

Comment

OMG

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                  Guys thanks for all the support, more than happy to accept the sponsorship On the other hand, this plane is design for sigle cell operation. I am planning to use a 140 ~ 180 mAh lipo for it. As it is not using std servo and ESC.

Just an update on the progress, have manage to install the magnetic coil acturator as shown. It will be use for the elevator. At the same time, a dry fit for the receiver and ESC unit.

ok ! we have 120, 150 mah and 350mah let me know Lyon. This is very intresting project. using actuator as control and Rffs receiver !! Wah ! will come out very light man !!
                  VXR Racing

Jason Koh

Comment

Thanks now I can save some $$$ in getting the battery

Well you are correct the weight is the main concern and I am target to get the plane's AUW below 50g. As anything more the wing with not able to take it and too high wing load means high air speed. The acturator may not able to take it. Man have to watch out for all the possible extra weight ......just like a woman

Comment

let me know when you need the batt, where do you get the receiver? how much ?
                      VXR Racing

Jason Koh

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                        The overall view of the rubber powered P-51 convertion in progress.
                        U mind putting up a ruler beside the plane or something? Like that very hard to visualise how long it is with just a 10 cent coin

Comment

The RC equipment is from US, get it during one of my business trip. It cost about US$130 Crazy me not think about it, but is fun and diff as now you can build something real small. I did built a trial model and it flew well too. This is my first trial for a scale model of this size. Hope it will fly well too.

Attached are photos of my trial magnetic coil acturator RC plane. Wing span 6" but the coil is of diff version a older design. The other one is using std servo which you all should have known.

Ray OK I will take some photos with a ruler for your visual reference.

Comment

Close up of the old version magnetic coil acturator.

Comment

Hey.... That design is similar to Hard Disk Voice Coil. I wonder whether can use harddisk voice coil or not?

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
                              X