Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YS63 = os50sx? = saito 72?

hi to all gurus out there.

i would like to know if the ys63 has more of the same power with a 2 stroke os50 engine?

i would like to know the following.

1) what engine can replace a ys63 interm of power and weight of engine.
    2) if a 2 stroke engine is mounted inverted would there be any issue? because this plance must mount the engine inverted.

i have a patten plance designed for ys63 and was thinking of placing a 2 stroke engine into it, because the YS63 cost too much and i never had a 4 stroke engine so far all my engines has been os50, tt50 and a bunch of car engines.

please advise
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

hi fuse! Correct me if im wrong guys. But the YS 63Z is a 4 stroke engine. While the OS50fx ring is a 2 stroke engine. Thats why in terms of size and power, i think the YS63z is defintely more powerful
    Experts pls correct me if im wrong!

Thanx!
    SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

my understanding is if u use a 40 class 2 stroke, you need a 2:1 ratio for 4 stroke. meaning i would need a 70 - 80 class 4 stroke to replace the 40 class 2 stroke.

i know YS 63 is a different engine as its uses a pump. so i was wondering if the OS 50 can match it. or maybe a OS 60 2 stroke.

Comment

maybe to fill in further, the plane is named oxalys 50

Comment

Woah! Thats a very nice plane. Recommended engine is a YS63z rite? There is a fellow member with that plane on a 63z i think.
          I hope he dosnt mind. Member name is Tacx.

Thanx!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

yeah i have the oxalys with the YS 63 FZ S spinning an APC 12 X 6 and u can view the review at my pattern webbie HERE

verticals are great on the YS 63 (CP 20% heli). honestly speaking i would recommend the YS, the plane balances perfectly with the YS and stock muffler but I have the hatori header and pipe setup thus resulting in some nose heaviness..

the japs have used the OS 50 SX on the plane and i dun see any problems with that, as the HP of the 0S 50 SX is just about the same as the YS 63. just that for a plane like the oxalys, having paid so much for it.. (yes it is really EX..) i think giving it a powerplant like the YS 63 is very much worth it cos u get torque and all the power in the world. another option would be the OS 70 and OS 70 ultimate 4 strokes. If i am not wrong, the prototype of the oxalys tested by kyosho runs on an OS 70, so u could consider tt too but it is heavier den the YS...

in any case, hope to see ur oxalys up soon, where do u fly at btw?

Comment

oh yes and for ur qns about mounting 2 strokes inverted, there is not problem with that just that u gotta make sure there is enough cooling for the engine cos 2 strokes run a little hot when mounted inverted if i am not wrong...

for the oxalys, u can actually mount the engine at and angel so that the muffler comes out at the bottom of the plane.. if i am not wrong the japs mount it this way too, one downside would just be that u gotta cut the cowl and spoils the whole look of the plane..

Comment

thanks for the info manz

well i got spare os 50 so i shall see how it goes. maybe get a inverted pipe for it.

i fly in the west.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                X