Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spitfire need comment

Got this Spit to join the allied. Need some comment and advise. The wing is not fully sheeted... not even half. This include the aileron. Intended for a .25 Nitro. Do I need to do the sheeting for the aileron and wing? The plane is very light tho. You can interchange the engine mounting for Electric once you are bored with nitro and vice versa.

If the building stops, the buying starts!

Here's some more. Building is very straight forward tho the instruction manual is very... thin

Comment

last one

Comment

What power plant would you be using?
        Just note that the rear stabilisers are very weak.

Comment

.25 2 stroke nitro... will take note of the weak stabilisers
          Tx

Comment

Nice Spitfire Babyboy

Suitable 4-stroke engines i.e. OS30, Saito30, Saito40 (Best power-to-weight ratio), Magnum30

Should use epoxy or finishing resin to brush onto the firewall front and back and the tail too to strengthen it, have seen Han's Spitfire, very scale-looking warbird.

Comment

Han how does it fly? any picts?
              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Nice spit Babyboy, you may want to test if the paint is fuelproof before going nitro.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                (

Comment

Welcome to my enemy chart But anyway it would be nice to join in the dogfighting

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                    Han how does it fly? any picts?
                    actually can't say much as I only flew for a minute before the one of the stabs gave way. Could still land it safely though. Plane is repaired but haven't had a chance to fly it since.

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
                      Nice spit Babyboy, you may want to test if the paint is fuelproof before going nitro.
                      Not sure whether it's nitro proof, didn't take any chance. Applied a layer of nitro proof coating on it.

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
                        Yeah will take note as this bird is intended for Electric. try with some Nitro... seems to hold but do not know if it will hold with hot nitro from the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by RX300
                          Welcome to my enemy chart But anyway it would be nice to join in the dogfighting
                          Dun think you want to shoot me down as I may be your wing mate in mid 2006. opps....

Comment

Originally posted by Han
                            Not sure whether it's nitro proof, didn't take any chance. Applied a layer of nitro proof coating on it.
                            Han... You are on nitro with this Spit?

Comment

Originally posted by Han
                              actually can't say much as I only flew for a minute before the one of the stabs gave way. Could still land it safely though. Plane is repaired but haven't had a chance to fly it since.
                              Oh... I will change the rudder and elevator to a 4mm solid balsa... Ah think the paint job need to source for some nice covering to match. Thaks for the Info. Any mod to the aileron to get it sheeted with balsa? Dun know if it can take the .25 nitro engine power cos dun want to fly the spit like a bird flapping its wing...

Comment

Working...
                              X