This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to meet and fly on Sunday's?

I'm visiting Sing. on 2wk trip. I'm told there are groups that get together on Sunday's across the street from Raffles Marine (West Sing). Is this true? Is there anywhere i can meet up with some fliers today? I'm new to planes and looking to talk with some veterans.

thx, Joel

Comment

Hi guys,

a quick question..

how do you find the CG of plane..

I'm new to plane...

Thanks
      quest
      Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
      Avant Aurora (E1)
      Avant Aurora (E2)
      Mcp X
      GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
      JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
      will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
        Hi guys,

a quick question..

how do you find the CG of plane..

I'm new to plane...

Thanks
        quest
        Expert plane fliers, correct me if i'm wrong in this concept.

It should be 30% or 1/3 from the Chord of the Wing

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
          Expert plane fliers, correct me if i'm wrong in this concept.

It should be 30% or 1/3 from the Chord of the Wing
          Yes, generally accepted rule is 1/3~1/4 or 25%~30%.

I have 2 links to share.

Math Theory of CG Calculation

CG calculatorUnfortunately, it may be using Imperial Measurements but has some formulas you can use with SI units perhaps.
          Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
          Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Hi jansonfinn and jack chen,

thanks for the information...

Now at lease it give me some starting point...
            Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
            Avant Aurora (E1)
            Avant Aurora (E2)
            Mcp X
            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
            JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
            will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Help

Hi there....sorry but i been reading the past posting and can i get some help on the exact flying site? Like we have in Pungol....are we referring to Pungol end? Tampiness....which part of Tampiness?? Sorry....started late and was trying to find the exact spot where we can have some friendly help

Comment

Originally posted by beginlate View Post
                Hi there....sorry but i been reading the past posting and can i get some help on the exact flying site? Like we have in Pungol....are we referring to Pungol end? Tampiness....which part of Tampiness?? Sorry....started late and was trying to find the exact spot where we can have some friendly help
                have u try searching from the Local Flying Group thread?

Comment

thanks jansonfinn

I think i am getting bits and pieces of info from many diff forum Wondering if all these site got ppl flying every weekend or it somehow move from site to site by some sort of arrangement? Haha....sound stupid right?

Comment

Originally posted by beginlate View Post
                    I think i am getting bits and pieces of info from many diff forum Wondering if all these site got ppl flying every weekend or it somehow move from site to site by some sort of arrangement? Haha....sound stupid right?
                    Depending on the FF location, but most of them will have ppl flying on the weekends. Some FF even have quick FF on the weekdays after work till dark

Comment

the link is not working

Comment

Hi guys, i am a drifter. Kinda inspired by the Red Bull Air Race so thinking of RC planes.

Some questions:

-How much would a beginner kit + radio cost? I am looking for something small, maybe around A4 size. So that can fly in small spaces.

-Can i use my car ESC, battery, crystal and what not?

Other info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hermanchauw View Post
                          Hi guys, i am a drifter. Kinda inspired by the Red Bull Air Race so thinking of RC planes.

Some questions:

-How much would a beginner kit + radio cost? I am looking for something small, maybe around A4 size. So that can fly in small spaces.

-Can i use my car ESC, battery, crystal and what not?

Other info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
                          Hi, to me, if u r looking for a plane around A4 size, i can only think of those toy planes selling in departmental stores. Those r priced less than $100.

On the other hand, if u r really keen in plane, i would suggest to get those RTF foam high wing planes for training from LHS sightly less than $300. Having said that, a SIM will also help u alot in the training.

Car's ESC r not designed to have plane program functions onboard. Most or should i say all planes, will be using lipo batts. As for cystal, Cars n planes bandwith r not the same, so even though u got ur own crystal, u may not be able to look for a transmitter to match ur crystal band width, same goes to the receivers.

Comment

You mean there are no micros ah? What is the smallest commercially available kit(s)? And what is the price?

I am using A123, can use on plane? And how many volts do planes motor operate on?

How many servos are on a plane?

Does 2.4Ghz work on planes?

Comment

Originally posted by hermanchauw View Post
                              You mean there are no micros ah? What is the smallest commercially available kit(s)? And what is the price?

I am using A123, can use on plane? And how many volts do planes motor operate on?

How many servos are on a plane?

Does 2.4Ghz work on planes?
                              smallest commercially available kit for beginner i would say is $89

I dun think there r anyone using A123 on their planes due to the weight.

Planes normally operates from 7.4V n above.

2.4Ghz does work on planes

Comment

Nitro Planes

Hi all,
                                Im quite new to planes and i have the cessna from jethobby.
                                I was wondering if someone could breakdown the cost of a nitro plane for me
                                Inventory

Honey Bee FP (Retired)

SJM 360 (Trying to sell)

Cessna 182. A joy to fly. (In the trashcan)

DX6i

Comment

Working...
                                X