This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear VinCopter,

Thankd for yur prompt reply. So where is the good place to fly? And the shop owner reconmend me to buy a beginner model which is made by balsa, i am wondering, isin't it balsa is easier to damage than foam? all these while i tot beginner should start with foam plane... or i misunderstood?

thks.

Comment

Have you read through from post 1 of this thread, some of the answers are already there.

Balsa or foam … electrical or nitro … basically boils down to personnel preference. And sometimes the group that you are flying with. Oh, also your budget. Most importantly, you must like it.
      Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

I see I see, so i think is ok fo rme to get the balsa model then... may i know where is the good place for me to meet up with experience master who can teach me flying?

Comment

Originally posted by thealex
          I see I see, so i think is ok fo rme to get the balsa model then... may i know where is the good place for me to meet up with experience master who can teach me flying?
          Where do you stay? There's Fun flies all over the country. Maybe you could drop to anyone of them.

Cheers,
          Adnan
          Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
          Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

hi randomtask,

i a staying in toa payoh, i think there isn't any flying site nearby as there is not much empty land here. care to advise?

Comment

Beginner package S$460, expensive?

Dear all,

I got this quote from one of the rc shop in Singapore, they quoted me $460, is this price consider reasonable or expensive?

Details as follow:

> Package includes the plane – Super Happy boy, Futaba Transmitter – 6EXAP with R156F, and servos included in the plane model.

Appreciate your advise.

cheers...

Comment

glow plugs

do 2 stroke engines normally come with glow plugs? thanks.
                Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Hi to all rc master airplane flyers of this forum, i'd like to start on this hobby basically i read a lot of good stuff on this side and also a lot of and because of plane crash , hopefully i will not be like this i'd like to start on flight sim maybe you can help me on chossing a good TX suited for a newbie like me, or maybe you can give me some good model of TX to start for and also have price and location to buy also is a big help.

hopefully i can fly with you sooner
                  thanks
                  just fly high think later

-roy

Comment

Very keen newbie

I am a newbie starting on RC. My experience is building and flying control line planes. I have many hrs on the G3.5 flight simulator and have no problems taking off and landing a plane on a strip. I have now built a 4 channel Seagull Boomerang trainer with a 46 engine but still dare not fly it. I am based in Phnom Penh and have not met any flyers here. So I will have to self teach. Tell me, is it true that I need to offset the engine slightly to the right to counter the rotational forces? Or the alternative is to apply slight right rudder on taking off?

Please share with me your experience. I am sure it will help me. Thanks.

"Happy Birthday to Singapore"

Comment

Punggol Fun Field

Am I correct in thinking that the Punggol field is at the end of Punggol Field Walk?

Comment

Flight Simulators

Hi any one there can give me an advice as to a good flight simulator that I can purchase. Should it be mode 1 or 2. I understand that most flyers here are on mode 1. Does it mean no one uses mode 2 here.

Comment

Hello,

whether someone is using mode 1 or 2 is up to their own preferences.

It used to be; those in USA would normally fly mode 2 while those in UK would normally fly mode 1.

FMS is a cheap simulator and it's free. You just need to get the controller that plugs into your computer USB port for about 30 bucks. Those come mostly in mode 1.

Because of this, some people started in mode 1. THEN later switched to mode 2 when they were psycho-ed by their friends flying 3d. But that's much much later.

I have heard of people switching from mode 1 to mode 2. But I have never heard of people switching from mode 2 to mode 1. Geddit?
                          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Greeting to all pros

Hi, this is be my first posting and a greeting to all members out there, cheers.

Need info:

What is the best simulator in sg market now? possible included the pricing too?

wat is the different between a good simulator and a normal one?

Thank in advance for replying, Happy Flying.

Comment

Btw, where to get the best prices for a Channel 10?

Comment

Very Beginner

hi alamin2,I'm very keen to start flying the heli/plane.Problem is,i dunno how to start this hobby.I was wondering if you could show me which direction to go.I'm staying at Bedok,maybe we could link up.Thnx

Comment

Working...
                                X