This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done! Then you are ready!
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
      Well done! Then you are ready!
      hehe awaiting my C-130. pls exams over faster.lol
      Plane 1:
      FreeWing F-15
      Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
      GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
      Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

hehehe

Originally posted by JieZ
        waaa...dun make me scared leh.ltr i dun dare fly sia.
        dont worry bro. not wanna scare u lah. just an advice. i've experience it too. fly sim no problem. fly real crash many times. more worst is my first few flights after landing my hand shaking like crazy. hehehe. but now a bit ok already. importantly is try to get the landing right. crashes is not a new thing in rc. i think nobody has never crash before. if a person has never crash before since day 1 of flying, he must be really gifted. hehehhe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem
          dont worry bro. not wanna scare u lah. just an advice. i've experience it too. fly sim no problem. fly real crash many times. more worst is my first few flights after landing my hand shaking like crazy. hehehe. but now a bit ok already. importantly is try to get the landing right. crashes is not a new thing in rc. i think nobody has never crash before. if a person has never crash before since day 1 of flying, he must be really gifted. hehehhe
          haha.how come land liao hand still shake?crash oso depends ar.if frm veri high dived down.confirm cry man.
          Plane 1:
          FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

hand shake

maybe its due to the pressure of flying and scared of crashing. hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem
              maybe its due to the pressure of flying and scared of crashing. hehehe
              haha. i tink i oso same LOL
              Plane 1:
              FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Originally posted by JieZ
                haha. i tink i oso same LOL
                So how? found your bird alredy?

Comment

oK, I'm done with the e-starter type plane. Any recommendations for the next one?
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hi Sunstorm,

Once you're proficient with the E-starter, ie; able to take off, fly in a straightline, do mild aerobatics like loops, inverted flight, touch and gos and land the e-Starter upright (and inverted hehehe) and in crosswinds you should be able to move on to a whole wide range of planes.

I went down the 3D route and got myself a SuperZoom.

Maybe you can state what can of flying you're into then we can be more specific in our inputs.

Cheers
                    Adnan
                    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Let's see;

able to take off - only once, the rest all were hand chucked
                      fly in a straightline - check
                      do mild aerobatics like loops - check
                      inverted flight - check
                      touch and gos - check - I love doing these off the zebra crossing
                      land the e-Starter upright - check - landed upright, inverted - not voluntarily, nose up too - not voluntary

I want something that's a medium size, slow and able to be flown at night and use a 3 cell battery....so....

Would a mega IFO do???

I'm guessing I should get a 3d profile plane eventually.

Comment

I have not had any experience with ifos, so I can't help you with that.

Based on my personal experience, EPP is a good way to learn aerobatics/3D. In an event of a crash it goes back together and in the air very quickly with CA. Some of the readily available EPP 3D models are: SuperZoom 4D, Zoom Zoom, Zoom Bipe and Sniper.

The formosa, eventhough I have never owned one, looks like a great platform to learn aerobatics. It's relatively affordable to setup and it looks like a great flyer.

These are just some of my 2cents. Hope it helps.

Cheers
                        Adnan
                        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask
                          I have not had any experience with ifos, so I can't help you with that.

Based on my personal experience, EPP is a good way to learn aerobatics/3D. In an event of a crash it goes back together and in the air very quickly with CA. Some of the readily available EPP 3D models are: SuperZoom 4D, Zoom Zoom, Zoom Bipe and Sniper.

The formosa, eventhough I have never owned one, looks like a great platform to learn aerobatics. It's relatively affordable to setup and it looks like a great flyer.

These are just some of my 2cents. Hope it helps.

Cheers
                          Adnan
                          does landing, taking off, doing stunts with slowstick counts? :P
                          Can i fly formosa now?

Comment

Hmmm. I guess a cheapie profile flier might be next...

Looking at these...

E-FLITE EXTRA 260 3D PROFILE KIT
                            Designed by GEORGE HICKS

on Sky Hobbies

Looks cheap, looks kinda sharp, something I can work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                              Hmmm. I guess a cheapie profile flier might be next...

Looking at these...

E-FLITE EXTRA 260 3D PROFILE KIT
                              Designed by GEORGE HICKS

on Sky Hobbies

Looks cheap, looks kinda sharp, something I can work with.
                              That plane is not bad. Seen good reviews on it. But it does not take hard landings and crashes that well.

If on a tight budget, you can always build a profile plane from 6mm depron. There's lotsa sites with plans. I built a bipe from plans off the net and it flew great until i broke it in half when I lost orientation during a low hover.

Cheers
                              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

anyone knows where to get EPP Foam? I might need it for repairs in future.

Comment

Working...
                                X