This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dustydii View Post
    Thank you bro for the prompt reply...err, wats rtf/pnp?
    I did went to JH a few days back...saw alot of planes. As none of my friends are into it, i was lost...but i might go back to see wat is available for newbies like me....
    PnP is plug and play or can also be called ready to fly (RTF)..

jethobby has a few good choices too like the Cub j3, small plane for small areas.

dont worry, the staff there are nice and wont bite

there are a few other great shops around too but sometimes, we dont have the luxury to travel so just get it from one shop unless transport is no prob

Which character are you test by

Comment

Originally posted by alamin2 View Post
      PnP is plug and play or can also be called ready to fly (RTF)..

jethobby has a few good choices too like the Cub j3, small plane for small areas.

dont worry, the staff there are nice and wont bite

there are a few other great shops around too but sometimes, we dont have the luxury to travel so just get it from one shop unless transport is no prob
      Thanks bro!!! Might be going down to JH to look2 see2...anyway, need to do lots of reading on this...thank you people for the advice! Hope to fly with u guys one day....
      Btw, any of u guys here are the ones i saw at tuas?

Comment

Just got myself a skysurfer!!!!
        Any of u guys flying this weekend? Need some assistance from the gurus here to start off my maiden flight.....

Comment

Hi, can any kind soul explain to me the followings please?

Erm I a beginner and planning to make a RC kite but I'm unsure of how these components work and how they are compatible with each other.

1. Are all servos able to work with any receiver
          2. How do I choose the speed controller for a brushless motor
          3. What are the specification to look out for a brushless motor
          4. What kind of specification is best for a RC kite
          5. What kind of battery can be used

And thanks in advance!

Comment

wow, this guy's the most advanced bot I've ever seen

Are there frequent funflies at Tampines Bike Trail? Any this weekend? Would love to come look-see look-see before I decide to invest so much in a new hobby.

Actually still deciding between rc plane and rc car

Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts
            tory burch sale
            meizitang slimming capsule
            oakley sunglasses cheap
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Dude , PNP usually are those that you need to plug in your own receiver and batteries . RTF are usually those that comes with transmitter and batteries , those that you can fly direct after buying at the most is you need to charge up your batteries .

But i have come across sellers that think your way too . So before buying , better ask and check to spare you the heart attack lol .

Comment

Just spoken to one of my friend whom wanted to pick up rc plane but .... apparently , a " friend " of his claimed to be a beginner but is flying either a warplane or a DIY plane , or maybe both .

Nothing wrong except this " friend " i don't know what he spoke to my friend that encourage him , whom is a 100% newbie without any simulator experience to get a warplane or to make his own plane too thinking he is fully capable of handling one claiming his friend is willing to help him out cos his " friend " is a newbie but is able to handle such planes or to built one and fly it . And he is very determine in that even though i strongly advise against it to him .

My friend stay in sengkang so this " friend " is likely a flyer there too . Is that the way to make pple pick up rc planes ? Search your own heart , don't tell me you really like to see newbies to rc plane smashing their planes in front of you when they tried to maiden it ?

I don't mind risking being flamed here because i sincerely hope that the person influencing him can stop giving my friend false sense of confidence . And also I really don't wish to see my friend being influenced to buy such high performance plane ending up smashing it on his maiden by another " newbie " . But to be fair , it is also my friends own decision , if he really want to go ahead to get a fighter plane like F22 despite my advice to him as he seems to be very impressed by it , then i can only say my friend also deserve it .... .

Comment

LoL

Paper Planes also can fly one...
                  haharz..... study behavior patterns b4 flight tats a good way to start .
                  Controls and throws and all lol.... and 1 more thing.... dun show off wen u tink u'r good lol....
                  smiles..... after all we fly from the ground... not up thr in the sky.. haharz
                  Catch My Drifts?

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                    yup its at st22. usually theres 2 flying spots. both spots with regulars and experience flyers.
                    i'm flying only every sun bout 4pm onwards. feel free to drop by bro. we'll gladly help...
                    how to go to jurong west st22 flying field? please tell me so I could also learn to fly. love this hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingRevs View Post
                      how to go to jurong west st22 flying field? please tell me so I could also learn to fly. love this hobby.
                      I went to Jurong St22 and the area is full of boards saying "This is a state land. No kite flying and rc plane activities". How do you possibly fly in that area? I am really itching to fly and looking for a flying field near commonwealth.

Comment

my first post!

hi guys, anybody here flies at central?

Comment

Hi

Hi to all bros, im new to this flying hobby will be collecting my cessna from rotor tomorrow...was thinking is there any bros here flying tomorrow afternoon at tampines or this coming weekend so that i can get so coaching

Comment

Newbie turned off by attitude

Hi All

I am a newbie and wanting to get into Rc flying, but have been deterred by attitude I have to deal with.

My english is not perfect, and also my age. I am old and retired.

Walking into Hobby shops all over singapore, the sales people or shop people are very very unfriendly amnd unhelpful.

I am a begiinner and so of course I ask basic questions like

a. What kind of Transmitter, what you do you recommend as I dont want to end up with too many TX...

b. What kind of plane etc...

c. What kind of after sales support etc...

When JH open in Ubi, I thought maybe at last a big store and looked friendly enough.

I went there 4 times to try to get attention for help. Ask about Dx6i TX, the guy behind the counter looked at me like I cannot even afford to buy kopi and dont even bother to explain or show me the TX.

This is the same with the smaller shops near the Hong Lim complex etc...
                            I am beginning to wonder if RC flying has become too elitist for my taste.

I am so turned off, my wife told me to go online and buy better instead of giving business to people with attitude problem

Comment

Hi, there are alot of non English speaking (i.e. dialects), and also people of all ages (kids to retirees) flying. It might be easier for you to head down to a flying site near your home, talk to the people there. We can then briefly explain to you what is needed. This hobby is not just about flying, it also includes building, repairing, and most important of all, meeting up with flying buddies at the field. After a while, many of us will spend more time chatting than flying at the field.

JH in fact is one of the more helpful and honest shops.

Do note that similar to all others shops selling stuff in Singapore, the salesperson at some shops may not know about the hobby. Some are out to get you to spent your money, buying a wrong plane for learning to fly.
                              huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic View Post
                                Hi, there are alot of non English speaking (i.e. dialects), and also people of all ages (kids to retirees) flying. It might be easier for you to head down to a flying site near your home, talk to the people there. We can then briefly explain to you what is needed. This hobby is not just about flying, it also includes building, repairing, and most important of all, meeting up with flying buddies at the field. After a while, many of us will spend more time chatting than flying at the field.

JH in fact is one of the more helpful and honest shops.

Do note that similar to all others shops selling stuff in Singapore, the salesperson at some shops may not know about the hobby. Some are out to get you to spent your money, buying a wrong plane for learning to fly.
                                Hi Nic
                                Thank you for your help and comments.

I will try again at JH in Ubi maybe on a weekday when there are lesser people in the shop and hopefully I can get some help then.

I live in the east and I have seen a regular group flying at the Tampines site. But they are not 'friendly' and even me asking politely, all I get is just mono-syllable answers.

Near my home, I have access to open fields in schools and also a nearby park. I dont wish to risk injuring people if I do eventually want to fly a RC plane, and have found a school which has a sizeable open field that is open and quiet on Sundays.

Comment

Working...
                                X