This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi freebird,

A friend of mine recently bought a cessna 182 to start the hobby as well. Not bad, flies well and quite forgiving for newbies. Comes as RTF with 5ch spektrum (GOOD DEAL!!). Downside is that you need to get a power supply for the charger.

Personally, I feel that it's better to get an independent charger instead of using the one in the cessna kit. I bought my charger online from a hobby shop in Hong Kong; due to forum rules, I cant say which one. Don't want to kena ban le.
    Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Gyro for airplanes

Hi people, I'm Quek. I need some advices for you people to teach me a beginner to build an airplane with gyros to stabilize the planes. As currently i had post my thread in the forum regarding the gyros information. But till now i still not sure a beginner like me, what should i do next.
      I have tried the flight simulator, learn to fly the planes. Tried to understand how the motor, the mechanism, the gyros workes. But i still dont know what im gonna do now. Maybe i need someone to tell me the very first step for a beginner what to do next. Please help people.

Please post any shops, websites, location that i can look for regarding of flying RC airplanes with gyros. Thanks people! =)

Comment

Can anyone explain teh characteristics of EPO, EPP and DEPRON? i need some help to byu the plane O.O ty
        sigpic

Comment

Found this very useful information over the internet while doing a search for fine tunning a rc plane. Something to share.

Step 1: Basic trimming.
          Fly like you usually do. Make sure you fly without any weird roll or yaw tendencies across a wide variety of throttle settings. In particular, make sure your motor thrust angle is not pulling you left or right at full throttle. Pitching up and down we will deal with after we fine-tune the CG, as long as it's not a huge, obvious problem. Like on my P-47, the moment I throttled up the nose would go down, even if I'd picked up no speed yet. That was a pretty obvious thrust-angle issue I had to correct before I could fine-tune my CG. If you require more than a couple of clicks of trim in any direction to stay in trim, land your bird and adjust the mechanical linkages themselves so that your plane is just about perfectly in "trim" without needing trim adjustments on the transmitter.

Step 2: Floating.
          At about "three mistakes high", idle down to as slow as you can go without losing altitude and maintain level flight without a significant nose-up attitude. Do a few passes back and forth to make sure that you are trimmed perfectly to fly level, hands-off, at a very slow speed, just a few knots above stall speed if possible.

Step 3: Shallow dive test
          From about "three mistakes high", going at the same flat, level, slow speed as in step 2, pitch your bird down about twenty degrees while maintaining throttle. This is a fairly shallow dive, but it should be steep enough that your bird is obviously picking up speed. Watch the nose.
          If the nose pitches up (the dive flattens), you are nose-heavy.
          If the nose pitches down (the dive steepens), you are tail-heavy.

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but what you are doing with this test is increasing the air-flow over your horizontal stabilizer. If your plane is nose-heavy, your elevator will be trimmed with a significant amount of "up" to keep flat and level at low speed. Increasing speed makes the nose pitch up, since the elevator gains extra authority at higher speeds.

Repeat the shallow dive test until the plane tracks along the glide path perfectly. Some people prefer a slight bit of nose-heaviness; if you are in that camp, then trim it so that rather than tracking straight in, it slowly pulls out of the dive over 2-5 seconds.

Once you have this done, if you have a flat-bottom airfoil you may actually be slightly tail-heavy. Aerodynamics at work It's your choice to adjust it where you want it from here, but you know you're in the right ballpark for good flight performance.

Now that we have straight and level slow-flight characteristics, and no tendency to pitch into or out of a shallow dive at low speed, let's adjust the thrust angle.

At the field, put your plane into a steep climb, preferably 45 degrees. If your plane doesn't have the power to hold this for a few seconds, you may need to enter the climb from a dive. Do this 45 degree climb repeatedly (at least 5-10 times), with enough power to fall out of the climb after 2-5 seconds. Does the plane tend to fall out in a particular direction each time?
          If it tips on the right wing consistently, either you are not laterally balanced or you have too much right thrust on your motor. Use washers or some sort of shim to correct the thrust angle to the left.
          If it tips to the left, do the same but angle the motor right.
          If it falls on the nose consistently from 45 degrees, you probably have too much down-thrust on your motor. Use a shim or washer to trim it upwards.
          If the steepness of the climb increases on its own until the plane falls out towards the canopy, you are either tail-heavy or have too much up-thrust on your motor. Adjust your CG or use shims to add more down-thrust.

Comment

Can anyone point out the places [with specific directions] to do RC flight?
            Items for Sale:

Comment

Newbieeee

I got a simple que......
              Can a 1250kv motor handle 1lb overall weight rc plane (include motor, battery everything basic...)? Its a 45gram motor says max pull up to 0.65kg.

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={F10212B0-D543-493A-8262-165A37BA124E}&pn=1

Comment

Originally posted by sham2951 View Post
                I got a simple que......
                Can a 1250kv motor handle 1lb overall weight rc plane (include motor, battery everything basic...)? Its a 45gram motor says max pull up to 0.65kg.

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={F10212B0-D543-493A-8262-165A37BA124E}&pn=1
                It depend on what plane you fitting it on?

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                  It depend on what plane you fitting it on?
                  Its a 80m wingspan by 70m long plane.

Comment

What plane is 80meters by 70meters?

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                      What plane is 80meters by 70meters?
                      Its a mustang plane cutout from:

Comment

Not to be mean sham, but 80 m and 70 m ?

U flying the real thing is it ?

Originally posted by sham2951 View Post
                        Its a mustang plane cutout from:

http://www.mikeysrc.com/P_51_Mustang.html

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
                          Not to be mean sham, but 80 m and 70 m ?

U flying the real thing is it ?
                          Lmao.. typos. I mean in CM.

Comment

Use together with a 10x5 propeller and 3S lipo packs, should be ok.
                            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Anyone???

Originally posted by Starscream View Post
                              Can anyone point out the places [with specific directions] to do RC flight?
                              Items for Sale:

Comment

saw this quite a good combo.. issit suitable for beginner or u all will recommend on beaver?

Comment

Working...
                                X