X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aliank View Post
    hi blueangel and nixaad,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed I agree with the motto. Any recommendation where can I get a good foamie to start with?

Thank you
    E-starter,Thunder tiger cub,SlowStick,Cessna
    Plane 1:
    FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

just to add from Jiez

GWS Beaver, EZstar.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad View Post
        just to add from Jiez

GWS Beaver, EZstar.
        Easystar no aileron.. FYI
        I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Hi guys,

I am looking around the vendor website but doesn't seem to find easystar. Where can I bought this plane and any ideas how much is it? Need to plan and save some money 1st. he2

Thank you.

Comment

About $120 at NTC.

Page 3.

$120 is only with brushed motor and prop.

If you do buy one, let me know.. I can help..
            Learn from my mistakes during building... I got it the harder way...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
              About $120 at NTC.

Page 3.

$120 is only with brushed motor and prop.

If you do buy one, let me know.. I can help..
              Learn from my mistakes during building... I got it the harder way...
              Hi blueangel,

Thank you for the information.
              Sorry as a newbie roughly how much if I want to buy complete set?
              I am also need to get a good battery charger and battery.

For your info, I already have transmitter and receiver.
              Thanks again for the info.

By the way, I saw this in the rcgroups they actually comparing it with ez star. Seems better and cheaper compare to ezstar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9PkAxlt_sg

Comment

I will recommend scratch build planes if you dont mind spending some time to build it. Its like a crash, throw and build again thing, cheap is the key, but abit time consuming and messy if you dont take care of the epoxy. Flies as well as those off the shelf kits. rcpowers has a free plan that i think is quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by zxyong View Post
                  I will recommend scratch build planes if you dont mind spending some time to build it. Its like a crash, throw and build again thing, cheap is the key, but abit time consuming and messy if you dont take care of the epoxy. Flies as well as those off the shelf kits. rcpowers has a free plan that i think is quite good.
                  Hi zxyong,
                  I am actually looking into that initially, as I learn some rc knowledge from Dave RCPowers. But the thing is I tried to find EPP foam in Singapore but doesn't manage place selling this material. Any recommendation where to find this material?

Comment

I used 5mm compressed foam to build my planes... the thing with hard foam is that it breaks. But now i am also looking for EPP to build a planes.

So im asking the same question also, where to get EPP? :P

Comment

Originally posted by aliank View Post
                      Hi blueangel,

Thank you for the information.
                      Sorry as a newbie roughly how much if I want to buy complete set?
                      I am also need to get a good battery charger and battery.

For your info, I already have transmitter and receiver.
                      Thanks again for the info.

By the way, I saw this in the rcgroups they actually comparing it with ez star. Seems better and cheaper compare to ezstar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9PkAxlt_sg
                      I think AXN is a better deal.. since I believe both will fly with same attitude. They are glider planes with bigger wingspan and pusher props.. pretty safe to crash..

Mine crash dunno few times but still good. Not sure about AXN material but Elapor ( Multiplex ) lets me use hairblower to straighten the foam easily without glueing, and these Elapor foam don't crack or chip off, no need to bring black plastic bags to the field to collect wreckages - .

But I think go cheap is the better option, I do find multiplex priced on a high side.. for $120, I can get a Supersonic F3A foamies and a GWS Formosa II...

Oppps... poisoned..

Comment

Newbei Reporting

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..would like to take up this rc plane hobby..used to play rc car last time but feel boring after playing for couple of years..have been to this pongol field opposite the coffee shop saw a group of rc plane and heli flyer..any of this flyer in this forum use to fly at pongol field during weekend..maybe i would like to approach one of them on how should i kick off for a begginner like me..thks alot

Michael

Comment

Just approach them and chat up with them. Don't shy
                          Ask them what is good for a beginner plane etc.. they sure have alot of recommendation for you

But basically the suggestions are found in this thread here already... technically speaking, it will be a highwing, slow flying, easy to build and cheap to buy ( and crash ) plane is good for a start.

Comment

can someone explain how rc gliders are able to fly in places like singapore? i dont think we have thermals here do we? and how are the gliders launched since they are not powered at all.
                            Controller: Spektrum DX6i
                            Fix Wing: 3DHS Edge 540 41", World Models Zero Fighter EP.
                            Rotary Wing: Align Trex450 Pro.

Comment

Hey guys!

I am a reallll newbie in this, and I havent got myself any planes yet.

I heard from my friends, that Beach Road, at the place commonly known as ARMY MARKET, sells planes.

I am currently an UAV pilot trainee, and I wanted to have a FEEL of how flying a plane using a RC feels like.

I am looking for Electric RC planes, which uses batteries, or if its rechargable.

So which model of plane should i look out for?

And what is roughly the price of it?

Thanks!

Comment

why don't you try the supercub or the ez star. those 2 are the ones recommended to me when i was starting. but before that, you might wanna practice on flight sims first.

Comment

Working...
                                X