Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I just fixed up a cesssna too....hope it can tahan some crash before going to scrap yard wondering if i tune / adjust the control correctly.....any advice on how to do a pre-flight check? Or can some ex-bird show me the path to take off?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beginlate View Post
      Hi I just fixed up a cesssna too....hope it can tahan some crash before going to scrap yard wondering if i tune / adjust the control correctly.....any advice on how to do a pre-flight check? Or can some ex-bird show me the path to take off?!!!!
      check for thrust direction, unsecure/loose parts, CG, rudder, alierons & elevator moving in the correct direction when sticks r input, & range before flight.

Comment

Bro, head down to any flying field and ask the friendly flyers there. Since you're at sengkang, head down to Punggol Field Walk. That is the best answer to your questions, you won't achieve 100% guaranteed success just by reading answers here.

For a plane to tahan lama, don't crash it lah. A plane can last you so long till you get bored with it if you continue to fly it right.

cheers!

nixaad
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad View Post
          Bro, head down to any flying field and ask the friendly flyers there. Since you're at sengkang, head down to Punggol Field Walk. That is the best answer to your questions, you won't achieve 100% guaranteed success just by reading answers here.

For a plane to tahan lama, don't crash it lah. A plane can last you so long till you get bored with it if you continue to fly it right.

cheers!

nixaad
          Thanks bro
          In fact im still trying to find this "punggol field walk" zone

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
            check for thrust direction, unsecure/loose parts, CG, rudder, alierons & elevator moving in the correct direction when sticks r input, & range before flight.
            Thanks bro
            cos im getting a simple plane, moving directions are all in order (according to manual). but mayb things like CG and fine tuning will need some help.

Most important : anyone to help me land if I panic after take off?? haha

Comment

Thanks bro
              cos im getting a simple plane, moving directions are all in order (according to manual). but mayb things like CG and fine tuning will need some help.

Bro, drop by @ Anchorvale Road Opposite the Swimming Complex/Anchorvale Community Centre. There are flyers everyday from 4pm to dark, sometimes night flying too. I have learnt quite alot from them. Hope to see u.
              Cheers
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks bro

ok, firstly before u take off, ask ard the guys ard u who can help to land the plane in case ur brain freeze after taking off. N make that the guy's mode is the same as u

Comment

will visit FF

Thanks bro!
                  Ya...will visit seng kang with my little plane soon....anyone flying heli there as well? I need some help with heli adjustment

Just in case i frick out and lost control of my plane.....i really need someone to stand by me in case my plane landed on the rd nearby....hehe.

Comment

Hi bros I'm a newbie to this bought my slowstick on Friday. (haven't finished fixing it up though, stuck.) Just wondering if anybody is flying anywhere later in the evening today? JIO ME PLEASE I'M EAGER BEAVER! thanks

Comment

Newbie : Choosing Transmitter

Hi bros,

I am newbie too. Looking forward to fly plane too.

I am currently thinking of investing good TX but affordable one.

Which one is better ya between this two:

1. DX6i with AR620 or
                      2. FUTABA 6EX - 6 CHANNEL 2.4GHz FASST SYSTEM
                      (Can the MCX heli be bind with this tx)?

by the way, does EPP foam planes good for beginner?

Thank all.

Comment

Originally posted by aliank View Post
                        Hi bros,

I am newbie too. Looking forward to fly plane too.

I am currently thinking of investing good TX but affordable one.

Which one is better ya between this two:

1. DX6i with AR620 or
                        2. FUTABA 6EX - 6 CHANNEL 2.4GHz FASST SYSTEM
                        (Can the MCX heli be bind with this tx)?

by the way, does EPP foam planes good for beginner?

Thank all.
                        I think any controller won't go wrong.
                        I got the DX6i. Although initially I did wanted to go for the DX5 which is without computer, thus no programming / mixing. But was advised to "invest" ( read - spend more money ) in a good one so that you don't want to keep changing transmitter in future. DX6i was almost my expected initial budget for a transmitter, but now I never regret. I am only through a few weeks of learning-to-fly. So I am also a newbie in RC planes, and I know how difficult and lost when starting out with a new transmitter and the first plane.

At first wanted so badly a low wing Mustang or Zero fighter ( cool factor ). But many helpful guys here had advised me NOT to get these designs plane.

A high wing ( like estarter or Cessna ) is preferred. For me, I don't like these design plane personally, so I got another foamie. But after seeing guys flew these high wings, I believe it can be very very fun too. Mine didn't have landing gears and ailerons - so I don't know if I am learning enough to upgrade.

Get the foamie, EPP or Elapor etc .. many names, serve one purpose - build for newbies like us who will nose dive on first attempt... hahaha.. and you will appreciate why I said go for foamies
                        I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Hi BlueAngel,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Ya at last I got the DX6i and mcx heli. Being flying for a week and enjoying it every moment.

Yes, I am also interested to look into 3D EPP planes, seems quite durable for beginner to crash ha2. Have been watching rcpowers.com last few weeks and wanting to jump in to get the 3d planes too. Any recommendation for the EPP Planes?

Where do you guys usually fly ah? he2 looking for kakis so got more motivation.

Appreciate your helps.

Comment

Originally posted by aliank View Post
                            Hi BlueAngel,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Ya at last I got the DX6i and mcx heli. Being flying for a week and enjoying it every moment.

Yes, I am also interested to look into 3D EPP planes, seems quite durable for beginner to crash ha2. Have been watching rcpowers.com last few weeks and wanting to jump in to get the 3d planes too. Any recommendation for the EPP Planes?

Where do you guys usually fly ah? he2 looking for kakis so got more motivation.

Appreciate your helps.

Aliank, take the advice of blueangel, like you, he took advice from others and go for high wing planes, the basic reason is to get you familiar with the orientation and the feel of flying. Learn to fly, then later can go 3D or whatever plane you feel like flying once you master the most basic controls. My motto and I'm sure the rest of the flyers here are, less time on workbench, more time in flying.

cheers!
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad View Post
                              My motto and I'm sure the rest of the flyers here are, less time on workbench, more time in flying.
                              I certainly agree with what you said... minimal repair and preparation between flights, just charge battery and go is the best.

Been through gas car long time back and i know its a pain to tear down engine or parts to clean and lubricate, replace broken parts, etc..

With my current foamie, I feel like having a habit to sit down in front of the plane and try to work on something on it ( habit liao ) but can't seems to find anything to medde with at all every night.. because everything is ready for take off anytime...

Plane sit at home everyday, feel like boring in the evening also sometimes.. then will turn on transmitter and receiver and then move those rudder and elevators .. LOL... then turn on the propellers and blown some wind onto my face.. quite boliao ..
                              I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

hi blueangel and nixaad,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed I agree with the motto. Any recommendation where can I get a good foamie to start with?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X