Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D control Surfaces?

Is it true that the a acrobatic plane can become 3D if i extend and enlarge the control surface?
    Will it give it more authority? Or is it the overall plane design which factors the most?
    I am looking at a kit, but it does not do 3D, just aerobatic... Thinking of buying it and modify the control planes so that it can become wilder....
    Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
    20,000 times a min

Originally posted by mathsinstrument
    Is it true that the a acrobatic plane can become 3D if i extend and enlarge the control surface?
    Will it give it more authority? Or is it the overall plane design which factors the most?
    I am looking at a kit, but it does not do 3D, just aerobatic... Thinking of buying it and modify the control planes so that it can become wilder....
    I have seen proof that bigger control surfaces can make your plane somewhat 3D. I have seen an e-starter that can after the ailerons were extended.

Comment

You are correct to say that extended control surfaces can make a plane "3D' capable but in reality it is a lot more complicated than that. The airfame/wing would need to be beefed up to withstand the extra loads of extreme manuvers eg "the panic". The areofoil will need to be re-designed to accomodate high angles of attack without stalling and the cg would need to be re-calculated for the new wing. Usually this is on the "aft of the recommended range" for the type of wing to help kick the plane into some of the manuvers and most importantly, the power system would need to have a greater trust to weight ratio, usually greater than 1.
      Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

You also need to get high torque servos and better yet higher speed, these servos should be for the elevator and rudder. By the way, how's your Extra? Didn't see you on Saturday and Sunday at TPBP. I have completed my maiden flight on the Extra and it was perfect, just added in a little tail weight to get the balance point at 135mm from the wing leading edge and it hovers and does slow knife edge very well, now just need to find tune my fingers and stop my knees from shaking till I get used to the plane.

Comment

Curare, you mean the engine didnt quit on you when you are on the hover like it usually does?
          Wow, looks like this must be the plane for you. Forget the others like the seduction...waste of time for you now that you got the extra....here is a novel idea...pass it to me and i will finish the build. I can put in all the necessary equipment and maden it for you...hell I may even let you fly it too
          Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

In your dreams blackite, go buy yourself a seduction. Any way at least half the planes in your hangar are mine including two engines and a retract servo if I remember correctly. Hurry up and get the Kingbird in the air.

Comment

Working...
            X