Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyro on planes?

HI! Bros,

Do planes install gyro on it or just on big planes? and if yes where should it be install on?can gy401 be used.............

Jameswilliam.

Firstly, you gotta ask yourself what do you want to use it for....
    Usually people do not install a gyro except on turbine's nose gear, to keep the plane in track while landing and taking off....

You can install the gyro on any part of the plane's control surface. Aileron, rudder, elevator.....
    The gyro will mainly track the plane, keeping it level or straight, but it does not center the plane. If you are looking for something which saves your plane when you're in trouble, i think you are looking for the FMA's Co-Pilot.
    Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
    20,000 times a min

Comment

Originally posted by mathsinstrument
      Firstly, you gotta ask yourself what do you want to use it for....
      Usually people do not install a gyro except on turbine's nose gear, to keep the plane in track while landing and taking off....

You can install the gyro on any part of the plane's control surface. Aileron, rudder, elevator.....
      The gyro will mainly track the plane, keeping it level or straight, but it does not center the plane. If you are looking for something which saves your plane when you're in trouble, i think you are looking for the FMA's Co-Pilot.
      Hey thanks for the info bro, reason is because I saw SHS selling gyro for planes but will the 401 for heli can be used in this case? Bro if install the gyro where will be the better control surface to install? seem you give me 3 answer Aileron, rudder, elevator.

Jameswilliam.

Comment

keep the gyro and fly the plane yourself bro.
        you dont need a gyro.
        i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Hahaa.... much agreeed....

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
          20,000 times a min

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam
            Hey thanks for the info bro, reason is because I saw SHS selling gyro for planes but will the 401 for heli can be used in this case? Bro if install the gyro where will be the better control surface to install? seem you give me 3 answer Aileron, rudder, elevator.

Jameswilliam.
            It's mostly used for scale performance. But then again, scale competitions restrict the use of a gyro....
            I know Futaba makes the airplane gyro such as the GY350 Dual Axis gyro.
            Single application gyro such as the 401.... In all seriousness, I really cannot think of a place for it. It's pretty much useless in a plane, in my opinion. Maybe you can try something special and different let us know?
            One application i have seen a gy 501 in action was in an Osprey. It was used in throttle to control the lateral balance of the plane while take off or hovering. It was used to balance the throttle response and power in order to bring the two in harmony and tandem.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
            20,000 times a min

Comment

One application i have seen a gy 501 in action was in an Osprey. It was used in throttle to control the lateral balance of the plane while take off or hovering. It was used to balance the throttle response and power in order to bring the two in harmony and tandem.
              Hi Mathsinstrument

this sound interesting, can you provide me with more info on this. thanks

Pilot_bear

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
              Robotis Bioloid
              Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam
                HI! Bros,
                Do planes install gyro on it or just on big planes? and if yes where should it be install on?can gy401 be used.............
                if you want to use it, you have to mount the 401 vertically, mainly useful for a levelled flight.

XRB SR Lama
                Robotis Bioloid
                Robot Bear

Comment

Hi

I seldom fly airplane but I frequent user of gyros for stability in helicopter. One of the good thing of gyro in airplane I can think off will be at the elevator. It may help reduce the sudden pitch up/down of airplane when in windy condition.

SHornet

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_bear
                    Hi Mathsinstrument

this sound interesting, can you provide me with more info on this. thanks

Pilot_bear
                    I forgot where i found it. I think either at RCU or RCGroups..... Type Osprey in the search.....

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
                    20,000 times a min

Comment

I flow a plane with Gyro, make hovering very easy....you can try it on one of the model in G3...forgot which pane sorry
                      JCho

Comment

I forgot where i found it. I think either at RCU or RCGroups..... Type Osprey in the search.....
                        Thanks.

XRB SR Lama
                        Robotis Bioloid
                        Robot Bear

Comment

I have used Gyro in my planes for scale and hard condition flying and they are great. Having it on the rudder, taking off in a straight line is a breeze.

I have set a channel to disable the gyro so that I can feel the flight with and without the gyro, you will be surprise, I flew my piper with gyro in very windy condition and the plane just flew like normal, but when I switch the gyro off you can see how it being throw around.

Our finger input and reaction will not be anywhere near the acurracy and immediate response from the gyro.

Well its not necessary to have a gyro onboard, but its just fun to try one if there is a chance.
                          Regards

Comment

Oh just to add on, the Co-pilot will level the plane, a gyro will not level the plane but just stablise the flight.
                            Regards

Comment

At the same time just for my info, In F3A do flyers used gyro on it or without? Sometime ago a old timer tild me F3A don't allow gyro mainly is because they want to test how skillfull the pilot is or is just up to the flyers?

Jameswilliam.

Comment

Working...
                              X