Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saito 100 or Saito 82

Hi, would like to hear your thoughts,

I am getting a 60 size plane war bird, considering a Saito 100 or 82.

By right, the Saito 100 seems to be the obvious choice, however if the 82 can power the plane it will be more versitile than the 100, I can use it for a lot of other application in the 40 size class in future.

The power specs for both doesn't differ alot...

What do you think? Saito 100 or 82..?
    Regards

Airborne, no doubt the plane is light (about 3kg), I would recommend Saito 100.

Comment

Saito 100, I think a 60 size warbird would require at least a 91 if your're going 4 stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Han
        Saito 100, I think a 60 size warbird would require at least a 91 if your're going 4 stroke.
        Han, you have a TT91 FS last time, how did it fair..? worth a try or Piece of Crap?
        Regards

Comment

82 nice engine....but 100 also good for future planes
          JCho

Comment

Originally posted by Airborne
            Han, you have a TT91 FS last time, how did it fair..? worth a try or Piece of Crap?
            The TT91 was good and reliable and best of all well priced. Sold it after I got an equilvalent OS for a bargain. I haven't used the OS so can't comment on the power.

Comment

Are you guys talking bout the P40? My friend flew if with an ASP 91. Perfomance was quite good. But Airborne, you are the only person I know who fitted a YS63 in a Cub.....I think you'll like the Saito 100.

Comment

82 for future downsizing, 100 for future upsizing, use the biggest engine the plane can take usually ends up with no regrets.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                (

Comment

Hi Airborne,

Jephry put in a Saito100 into his 46-sized Chan-Mali-Chan Mustang, just have to place the 4.8v nicad flight battery at the back of fuselage and CG came out perfect, oops, slightly behind the wing.

And if you put in the Saito100, you can swing a large 14"~15" prop, looks-wise more scale!, technical-wise more torque!, WOOHOO!!!

As you may know, Saitos are light in weight, in future, your Saito100 can definitely fly a 46-sized plane anytime

But just to wet your appetite, they've come out with a Saito125! And price-wise is only slightly more, give Amy @ HS a call

Here's a private Saito website for your info,

Comment

Thanks folks for your inputs, as much as I like the Saito, its just hard for me to part with $540. I think I will go with the poor man's Saito the TT91 at $350.
                    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Airborne
                      Thanks folks for your inputs, as much as I like the Saito, its just hard for me to part with $540. I think I will go with the poor man's Saito the TT91 at $350.
                      NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo...................................

Arrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You want my Saito 100 or not. Friendship price......

Comment

Airborne,

If you are thinking of the TT91 @ $350, you should, at the very least try to consider buying the Saito82 (abt. $440), it's a hair close to a 90-sized horsepower rating, and it's about 6 grammes lighter than the Saito72

I am very sure the Saito82 would prove to be more powerful than the TT91 hands down.

Once you hold a Saito in your hands, you will marvel and admire the engineering and quality-finish that's Saito's quality trademarks. Please reconsider...

Comment

Working...
                        X