Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hovering not torque rolling

Hi Guys, I am going to attempt to hover soon with my Christen Eagle, got a question. How to you 3D guys manage to keep the top of the plane facing yourself and stop it from torque rolling. I seen a video of a few guys doing it with out the rolling happening. Even in G2 I can't stop the plane from torque rolling. Any advice? Thanks!!!

Once u go to the 'hover' angle, u start to use your ailerons to counter the rolling
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Your motor also have to be powerful, but your throttle regulation have to be more precise when u want to maintain hover at an altitude......

Once u punch too much or regulate throttle, the torque effect will kick in and you have to compensate accordingly....have fun...

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Bro correct me if I am wrong but since the plane is not moving, theoretically, the ailerons should be useless. In G2 they are useless.

Comment

There's no groundspeed in the case of a hovering plane, but there is still airspeed provided by your props...
          [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 9VDXN
            There's no groundspeed in the case of a hovering plane, but there is still airspeed provided by your props...
            Hmm...ok dunno how come it does not work in G2. Anyways have to wait till next week to try. Crashed out today. Kena drifted off course by strong winds then crashed.

Comment

u try modding some of G2's parameters for the plane that u want to 'hover'.... try changing prop size, or engine so that it's more powerful for 'hovering'

Your power to weight ratio have to be very very good in order to hover a plane.....

BTW bro, if u like hovering so much, fly a heli lar...
              [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Another method to hover a plane effectively in G2.....set your wind conditions to a constant 20kph at a constant direction..... fly headwind.......sure can hover.....if you're lucky, might even do backwards flight...
                [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

the best hovering is prop hang in which the spinner points vertical up.
                  You have to practice hovering on both sides to get your orientation right in case the plane flips to belly side facing you and may cause confusion and panic...

Comment

Originally posted by gowest
                    the best hovering is prop hang in which the spinner points vertical up.
                    You have to practice hovering on both sides to get your orientation right in case the plane flips to belly side facing you and may cause confusion and panic...
                    Yeah...missed out that point about orientation.....u might wanna practise inverted flights b4 u start to hover, coz there's always a chance your plane will stall and fall into inverted position, then u better know how to recover...
                    [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by firegarden
                      Bro correct me if I am wrong but since the plane is not moving, theoretically, the ailerons should be useless. In G2 they are useless.

As long as there is sufficient air flow over the wings, the ailerons will work despite being stationary.
                      To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Yeah...missed out that point about orientation.....u might wanna practise inverted flights b4 u start to hover, coz there's always a chance your plane will stall and fall into inverted position, then u better know how to recover...
                        Yup done all that lor, anyway experiment with cheapo plane first before going to gas.

Comment

Originally posted by firegarden
                          Yup done all that lor, anyway experiment with cheapo plane first before going to gas.
                          Well, if you can fly loops, rolls, knifeedge, inverted, etc.....it's about time u go the nitro route...

Smell the nitro smoke and enjoy the hums & rumbles of nitro engine!

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Well, if you can fly loops, rolls, knifeedge, inverted, etc.....it's about time u go the nitro route...

Smell the nitro smoke and enjoy the hums & rumbles of nitro engine!

Yeah...hopefully end of the year I'll will get a sport trainer lah. Go the mathsinstrument way and get a scanner...hehe. My problem is when windy conditions I get a bit kan cheong. So more I fly profile planes very sensitive to wind

Comment

Hi firegarden. Based for the information on hovering, did you install any gyros, example futaba 401, or co-pilot 2 system?

Comment

Working...
                              X