Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edf 64

hi, anyone here ever use a edf 64? wads the performance like? can it be used with a gws a-10?

for get to add...anyone recommends any better ductfan other then the edf64?thx...

Comment

Originally posted by victor
      hi, anyone here ever use a edf 64? wads the performance like? can it be used with a gws a-10?
      Hi Victor,
      EDF 64 is a bit big for GWS A10..
      Its can take only 50 or 55 EDF.
      Try wemotech micro fan.. it fits well..
      ans with 4200kv or above motors..
      it will shoot like a rocket man..

Comment

where can i get the wemotech duct fans and how much are the motors?i also saw this 12mm brushless motor (can be used with edf50) from acehobby but i dont know if it is suitable for a-10...if i use brushless motor for a-10, can i use a y connector to connect both motors up to the esc of must get u escs?plz advice...thx..

victor

Comment

where can i get the wemotech duct fans and how much are the motors?i also saw this 12mm brushless motor (can be used with edf50) from acehobby but i dont know if it is suitable for a-10...if i use brushless motor for a-10, can i use a y connector to connect both motors up to the esc of must get u escs?plz advice...thx..

victor
          LHS that selling micro wemotech, I guess only NTC selling or you can try from the net. (Price think is around 45 to 50 Sin each) If i am not wrong.
          For brushless set up, you will need 1 ESC for 1 motor.
          As for the motors, perhaphs you can try the Himax 2015-4100 motors or higher KV motor.
          If you are more into relax flying without much aerobatics. I think the stock brush motors with GWS55 fan will do the job.

Comment

i was at rotor then i saw tis motor here .
            can it be used with a edf 55 shell and fan? does it fit into the duct fan? the diameter of tis motor is 20mm but the diameter of the hole in the edf 55 is 25mm...will mounting the motor be a problem due to the different screw holes?plz advice...thx...

victor

Comment

forgot to add...if i use 2 brushless duct fan, den must use 2 b/l esc, that means i must use 2 batt issit? and how do i control the throttle on my tx?thx..

victor

Comment

Get a "Y" servo wire

Comment

dat means i will still need to use 2 batts rite? but on tx is 1 channel as throttel rite?thx..

Comment

dat means i will still need to use 2 batts rite? but on tx is 1 channel as throttel rite?thx..
                    Can use one if the amp draw of those motors are within the limit of the batt.
                    if not use a higher amp batt(depand on the size of the fuselage) or parallel them.. red(+ve to +ve) black (-ve to -ve) that should do the job.. there is only 1 channel for throttle on receiver.

Comment

55 mm edf

Hi Victor ,you can use the Himodel 55mm EDF from jet hobby at S$12.00.
                      match well with the Himax 2025-3.2KV(long body 37-40mm long type) or the walkera 20-40 3.2KV.
                      450gms of static thrust at 12-13 amps on 3 cells lipo is possible with this setup. Can always experiment with other setup

Problem is the grub screw is quite crappy. You need to check and tightened every now and then.

Another thing, the 55mm EDF from himodel do not have the butterfly mount.

If not ,go for the better Wemotec fan

This EDF is good for model that weghts 450gms or lower.

All the best.

Babylon5

victor

Comment

I hope that Victor had already solved all his problem on the set up after 9 months later..

Comment

2025 5400kv

Hi Babylon,

Spoke on the other forum.

On reading this, would my 2025 - 5400kv motor work on a 55mm EDF on 3 cells?

Will the high current kill the motor?

Am thinking of using it on a 55mm EDF on 2 cells, would it be efficient enough?

Any idea of the amps for this setup on 2S and 3S?

Thanks for the advice.

Ken
                          72.790 MHz

Comment

Oh Sorry

Disregard,

Realised I've asked more or less the same question.

The link ER69 posted provided the answers.

Thanks for your detailed explanation again Babylon.
                            72.790 MHz

Comment

WeMoTec Micro Fan can be bought locally here: www.rc-warbirds.com

Check the shaft diameter of your motor first to make sure you get the right adaptor when you order your fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X