New SF Electra Ducted Fan Version

Model : electra Ducted Fan
    Motor : Rcer wrap 4 3turn
    Fan Unit : SF Ducted Fan
    Batt : PQ3s1800
    ESC : CC45
    Amp draw : 9 @ half and 19 @Full throttle
    Thrust : 390g

Think will go for a 2 turn as I am not so please with the speed compared with my Electra pusher version..
    My friend used some speed device to clock for me the speed for the pusher version, reading about 126km/hr at full, as for the ducted think is around 70~80km/hr.
    Anyone with this ducted electra? Wats your set up and how it perform?
    need some advice... thanks

Nice work I can see more and more poeple here seen to convert their planes to EDF nowadays like ER69, Loyn

Jameswilliam

Comment

Well Jameswill, never under estimate the POWER of the "DUCT" side...

Comment

Oh no! few Judi have already fall into the Duct side already so which one is Luke Skywalker huh? you or Loyn????

Jameswill.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam
          Oh no! few Judi have already fall into the Duct side already so which one is Luke Skywalker huh? you or Loyn????

Jameswill.
          HAHA I am not a JUDI yet... One day to become a Judi, I will... hehe..

Comment

Hahahaha............. hey Ernest which 2 turn brashless motor will you be putting in of your electric jetplane?

Jameswill.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam
              Hahahaha............. hey Ernest which 2 turn brashless motor will you be putting in of your electric jetplane?

Jameswill.
              Well, Guess it will be the Rcer Warp 4 (2turns) 3880KV
              coz I only have the Rcer 2 and 3 turns motors for all my ducted jet.. switch around hehe..
              anyway, here's the link http://www.aircraft-world.com

BTW, dont think the SF ducted unit is suitable for your F18 coz it only produce 390g of thrust with a 3 turn, It can still fly but wont be fast lor..
              Better play safe than sorry... coz i dont know how heavy your F18 will ended up with...

Cheers

Comment

Hi ER69, nice plane you got there.
                I think your thrust should be more than 390gms at 19amps with 3 cells Lipo.
                You can go to search" OK model japan ".

OK model EDF are able to achieve at least 480gms of thrust at 17.5Amps on a 7bladed 60mm EDF (open inlet or stand alone setup)with 3 cell lipo with a inexpensive Tahmazo brushless motor.

Maybe you can send us picture how you measure the thrust.

Anyway great job man.

By the way is "S.F"=super flying model?

Babylon5

Comment

OMG.. I dont even relised that I had posted this thread.
                  Anyway,Thanks for digging out all these old thread.
                  Well, I got this interceptor when it just came out in the market when no one flys it yet back then in Singapore.
                  Anyway, I had changed the set up after the first maiden and I am quite happy with it till today.
                  Motor : HET 2W
                  fan : Wemotec mini
                  ESC : CC45
                  Amp draw : 40 plus
                  Batt : 3s2p1800(20C)
                  Btw, I had tried the Het motor on the SF fan, at the end of the day, the fan blades flexed and broke in mid air. l am glad that its a delta wing so every thing was still under control even the power plant was down.
                  I would say that the SF fan is only good for motor under 3000kv.
                  If you wanna go for higer perforamce set up, I would reckon that you better think twice.
                  The way I measure the thrust is the same like any other EDF Flyers, mount the fan on a stand, power it up and measure it on a scale machine.

Cheers

Originally posted by Babylon5
                  Hi ER69, nice plane you got there.
                  I think your thrust should be more than 390gms at 19amps with 3 cells Lipo.
                  You can go to search" OK model japan ".

OK model EDF are able to achieve at least 480gms of thrust at 17.5Amps on a 7bladed 60mm EDF (open inlet or stand alone setup)with 3 cell lipo with a inexpensive Tahmazo brushless motor.

Maybe you can send us picture how you measure the thrust.

Anyway great job man.

By the way is "S.F"=super flying model?

Babylon5

Comment

Is there any reinforcement required on the plane? Need to tape up any particular area?

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                      Is there any reinforcement required on the plane? Need to tape up any particular area?
                      For mine, I added a plywood strap under the turtle neck and glassed the inside of the bottom plastic cover to make it harder .
                      I guess thats about it..

Comment

Not forgetting abt the servo horns and hinges, im using aluminium horns and better nylon hinges from great planes.

Btw my Sokol ready for maiden !
                        GWS EStarter (Retired),GWS SpitFire (Retired),GWS Zero Fighter (Flying) , T2M Interceptor Ver3(Flying) ,3D foamy Sukhoi (Flying) ,T2M (EPro SoarEasy) (Flying) ,Miss America P51-Mustang (NIB) , Multiplex Easy Glider (Flying) , Alfa models Nakajima Hayate Fighter (Flying) , Fliton Extra 330 Mini(NIB) , Esprit Models Sokol (Flying) , HET Super Sniper (Flying) Esprit Models Scorpion (Flying) , Multiplex Fun Jet (NIB)

Comment

Originally posted by medium
                          Not forgetting abt the servo horns and hinges, im using aluminium horns and better nylon hinges from great planes.

Btw my Sokol ready for maiden !

Hi Medium,
                          you are right, better play safe if going for high performance power set up..

Comment

Mine came with the plywood strap already fixed under the turtle neck. Thanks for the advise.

Comment

wah u have one of these bird?
                              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X