Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using a servo tester with esc and ducted fan

Hey guys, this is my first post.
    My father and I are trying to build this little machine. I can't release all of the details, but, we have a 10a bushless ESC, an E-Sky 000504 servo tester, and a 8100kv ducted fan. The main thing we are going to be using it as is as, well, a fan. We have been trying to get it working using the servo tester, but it doesn't work. As a battery source we are using 4 NiMH AA batteries. We can get the esc into programming mode, but we seem to be having a hard time programming it.

Can some please help as soon as possible??

Also

also when we test it using the servo tester, at level 3 it chirps and shakes back and forth almost unnoticable, and sometimes, when we bring it up to level 6 it spins, but itt only spins for about 2-3 seconds

Comment

Conradm,

I think the voltages for 4 cells nimh is way too low. The battery yield the nominal voltage of only 4.8 volts but most modern ESC programme for Lipo packs have low voltage cutoff at around 7.4 volts at 2S setting. Even in nimh and nicd settings, the low voltage cutoff is also around 4.8 volts.

I would suggest you try to set up the system using the same configurations as you would do for a model plane and make minor changes from there.

Comment

I made my own portable fan using spare equipment a well.
        Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.

Comment

Working...
        X