Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini EDF F-18 and F-86 Sabre

And two more...

HK packed in two right wings for the F-18 by mistake.

Comment

Anyone ordering from HK do inform so can share shipping cost.

Comment

I hope the LHS get the hint and import these wonderboys in...sure sell like hotcakes.

Comment

Aerosmith carries them. But only saw the A-10, L-39 and Hawk/T-45.

Very tempting

Comment

Do share how these mini perform. Some videos will be good.

Very tempting indeed.
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
              Do share how these mini perform. Some videos will be good.

Very tempting indeed.
              Hi Bro,

I own 1 of the mini EDF T-45. Got it from aerosmith and i must say its great! Quality is gd, all servos, motor and esc are preinstalled so it jus took me abt 1 hr time or less to complete it, fan is smooth too. Cg and throw from the instruction is accurate.

Had 2 flights yesterday with a 1000mah 3s and a 850mah 3s batt. The T-45 can float well and speed is jus nice for me, i jus started flying EDFs so might be consider slow for some of you guys. But it flies well with its stable characteristics.

Highly reccommendable, tempts me to buy more of this Mini EDFs. Cant get the plane of my hands

Comment

Mini F-16 converted to pusher

I build the Mini F-16 into a pusher.
                I put a 1780 kv small motor with 6 x 5 prop on the rear.

First flight, I put equal throw for the aileron and the elevator, but not enough up elevator, cannot climb. (Note that there are only 2 servos on this plane. Aileron and elevator are mechanically linked.)

Then I changed it to double the throw for the elevator and problem fixed.
                Roll was a little twitchy and landing was little too fast.

Today I added HK401B gyro on the roll on 15% gain, very little only. This stabilized the roll axis quite well. Also I adjusted the motor angle slightly. Climbs very well now.
                However it falls out of the loop at full throttle.
                Possible reasons,
                1. Prop not fast enough, 6 x 6?
                2. The aileron moving up together with the elevator makes the plane slow down. I could reduce the aileron throw.

Comment

Originally posted by etman View Post
                  I build the Mini F-16 into a pusher.
                  I put a 1780 kv small motor with 6 x 5 prop on the rear.

First flight, I put equal throw for the aileron and the elevator, but not enough up elevator, cannot climb. (Note that there are only 2 servos on this plane. Aileron and elevator are mechanically linked.)

Then I changed it to double the throw for the elevator and problem fixed.
                  Roll was a little twitchy and landing was little too fast.

Today I added HK401B gyro on the roll on 15% gain, very little only. This stabilized the roll axis quite well. Also I adjusted the motor angle slightly. Climbs very well now.
                  However it falls out of the loop at full throttle.
                  Possible reasons,
                  1. Prop not fast enough, 6 x 6?
                  2. The aileron moving up together with the elevator makes the plane slow down. I could reduce the aileron throw.
                  Hi ET, have tested your existing power setup with a larger capacity battery and run outside the aircraft first to see if it can push your aircraft?. The small capacity batteries might be problem why the aircraft is not performing well.
                  If you use 6x6 prop , the systems will draw more current and the small capacity LIpo will just be more severely taxed with more current than it can handled. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Babylon5,

Thank for your advice.

Today I just test fly again.
                    The motor was dumbed down to 60% in my throttle curve, now bumped up to 75%. At 75%, now have enough power, the looping is now much better.

The battery compartment for F-16 is too small for anything larger than 1000 mah. Other miniEDF may be have larger compartment.

Comment

Some pics of Mini F-16 pusher.

Comment

Hi Babylon5,

Thank for your advice.

The motor was dumbed down to 60% in my throttle curve, now bumped up to 75%. At 75%, now have enough power, the looping is now much better.

The battery compartment for F-16 is too small for anything larger than 1000 mah. Other miniEDF may be have larger compartment.
                        Glad you sorted out the problem. Ah... regarding the battery compartment. The china made plane usually have undersized battery compartment.

Let me relate this real story...
                        My friend bought a mini spitfire recent that only allow 2s 1200mah slim type battery to go in. The c.g of this particular spitfire as indicated on the manual is incorrect. As a result he has to add 60grams of lead at the nose.
                        60grams =almost the weight of the 1200mah batteries. With the extra 60grams the planes flew very well and glide pretty good but with 2S the flight time varies from 2 minutes to approx 4minutes before noticeable power lost depending on the batteries state.
                        No fun at all!
                        The plane should be re-designed and flown with a 3S or 2S with a lager capacity.
                        In the first place why not made the battery compartment bigger to cater for larger batteries. This allow some freedom in the choice of batteries and allow shifting of the batteries to get to the correct c.g. It also save some manufacturing cost as less plastic materials are use in molding the plane(if a bigger battery space are cored out ). I thought of getting the Spitfire but now change my mind.
                        Sorry to divert a bit.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Babylon5,

Thank for your advice.

Glad you sorted out the problem. Ah... regarding the battery compartment. The china made plane usually have undersized battery compartment.

Let me relate this real story...
                          My friend bought a mini spitfire recent that only allow 2s 1200mah slim type battery to go in. The c.g of this particular spitfire as indicated on the manual is incorrect. As a result he has to add 60grams of lead at the nose.
                          60grams =almost the weight of the 2s 1200mah batteries. With the extra 60grams the planes flew very well and glide pretty good but with 2S the flight time varies from 2 minutes to approx 4minutes before noticeable power lost depending on the batteries state.
                          No fun at all!
                          The plane should be re-designed and flown with a 3S or 2S with a lager capacity.
                          In the first place why not made the battery compartment bigger to cater for larger batteries. This allow some freedom in the choice of batteries and allow shifting of the batteries to get to the correct c.g. It also save some manufacturing cost as less plastic materials are use in molding the plane(if a bigger battery space are cored out ). I thought of getting the Spitfire but now change my mind.
                          Sorry to divert a bit.

Cheers

Comment

Yes true. 60 g is ridiculous dead weight.
                            Some designers have no common sense.

Comment

ETMAN,

may i ask, what's your prop size for the pusher? i am converting my f-8 to pusher set up due to the lack of power from the edf unit,

is 9" okay?

my motor is a gws 2215 1080kv, i think, the 30 bucks a piece one
                              DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER View Post
                                ETMAN,

may i ask, what's your prop size for the pusher? i am converting my f-8 to pusher set up due to the lack of power from the edf unit,

is 9" okay?

my motor is a gws 2215 1080kv, i think, the 30 bucks a piece one
                                Apologies I have been away from the hobby for a very long time. Lost interest.

I only had some success with my F-16 pusher, using 5 x 5 prop and a small 2200 kv motor with 3s. It was not able to go vertical.

I didn't have to chance to complete my F-86 / F-18 / AMX builds. sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X