Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ER69, read your posting about putting two LIPO batteries in parallel to double the capacity.
    I would advise you not to do this. I have just spoken to an expert on Lithium polymer Engineering who is testing high discharge rate LIPOS and an expert in the field.
    According to the expert, you should not just parrallel the lipo cells to double the capacity because each cells are not electrically identical or "matched".
    The result is a mismatch and the cells will have uneven discharge characteristic and eventually degrade.(match=having same discharge characteristics and not just the same balance voltage)

The correct procedure is to get matching single cells of the desire capacity and wired them up accordingly. Infact, when 3 or more cells are connected in series, each individual cells are match to each other so that they discharge "equally" .
    If one of the cells is mismatch(lowest voltage than the others during discharge) this cell will be the first to "conk out" because it will always experience a severe reverse voltage when the batteries discharges.This principle also applies to any other multiple series cells including Lead acid and NIMH(NICAD).

Some forum says you can parrallel the lipo . That is correct but you cannot get good discharge performace out of it or have prolong life(usage).

The best advise I can give you is to get a high capacity LIPO of good quality .

Best regards

Babylon5

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Ofcouse it will be good if you can use a higher capacity Lipo to perform the job.
      For example, instead of using 4s2p1800mah, you can use a 4s1p3700mah pack.
      However, in some cases, you can't affort to do that due to the space limit inside the fuse.
      As you know, most of the higher capacity lipo pack are quite "big" interm of it's size.
      Hey, rc-warbirds do bring in some higher capacity lipo recently which are quite "Slim" in size compare to some other brands. Check it out.

Anyway, I only parallel lipos of the same discharge rate, amp and "age" and I will never parellel an old pack with a brand new one. That's the reason why I always write the date of purchase on my packs.
      Hehe.. so far so good, I had some packs which last me almost 60 flights till date and are still going quite strong.
      Maybe coz I charge them with a balancer and I will not fly the batt till it's dry.
      By doing this, it will some how prolong the lifespan of the lipo.

Originally posted by Babylon5
      Hi ER69, read your posting about putting two LIPO batteries in parallel to double the capacity.
      I would advise you not to do this. I have just spoken to an expert on Lithium polymer Engineering who is testing high discharge rate LIPOS and an expert in the field.
      According to the expert, you should not just parrallel the lipo cells to double the capacity because each cells are not electrically identical or "matched".
      The result is a mismatch and the cells will have uneven discharge characteristic and eventually degrade.(match=having same discharge characteristics and not just the same balance voltage)

The correct procedure is to get matching single cells of the desire capacity and wired them up accordingly. Infact, when 3 or more cells are connected in series, each individual cells are match to each other so that they discharge "equally" .
      If one of the cells is mismatch(lowest voltage than the others during discharge) this cell will be the first to "conk out" because it will always experience a severe reverse voltage when the batteries discharges.This principle also applies to any other multiple series cells including Lead acid and NIMH(NICAD).

Some forum says you can parrallel the lipo . That is correct but you cannot get good discharge performace out of it or have prolong life(usage).

The best advise I can give you is to get a high capacity LIPO of good quality .

Best regards

Babylon5

Comment

minifan wemotec 480 rpm data

Hi, may I know where I can find the thrust vs rpm in english of the minifan wemotec480.

Many thanks

Babylon5

Comment

It is not that easy. It heavily depends on the intake, ducting and exhaust as well.

Comment

Hi Warbird, the data I seek assume open intake without obstruction or standalone wemotec 480 EDF. I think there is a data already available for the micro-fan but not sure if this are available for the other bigger EDF.

Cheers
            Babylon5

Comment

I am not sure if this is what you require but the attached file may be of help. Also check this link and go to fan data.

30189.zip

Comment

Wemotec-minifan data

Hi Dennis, yes, the data you attached is very uesful. Thank you
                The reason is I want to know the thrust of the wemotec minifan if the rpm is 30,000 rpm so the closes I see is 30625rpm=606grams of thrust.

Cheers
                Babylon5

Comment

You are most welcome sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X