Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety comes first - Ducted fan/Micro jet/Turbine aircraft jets...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety comes first - Ducted fan/Micro jet/Turbine aircraft jets...

Can ducted fan (Vacuum Cleaner I called) have enough power to suck like this ? (4S, 5S lipo power?...)

Maybe micro rc jets engine can do this. May suck plastic bag, fine stones, solar flims covering, may be grup screw, dried grass, fingers or wedding rings etc ...

This is a Boeing 737-800 during a snowfall at Toronto's Pearson Intl. Airport. You can see those engines sucking in all the snow in front of them, leaving a ...

This is how its like when the slow motion capture...
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Man sick in to engine and survied?...guess what and watch this..

General Electrics test jet engines. Among the many tests, it shoots birds into the jet engine fan-blades.I know what it feels like to be aircraft engine stal...

Safety comes first... dont stand near it

The answer is yes to some extend but not a big object like bird. When I was new to EDF,During testing, a small rag was too close to the intake and it suck in the rag and broke the blade. ..bloopers on my part.
    The other danger during EDF testing are:-

1) Impeller get thrown out and richochet like a "ninja shuriken" due to improper fastening of the impeller unit.

2) Departing weak blade that flew off like a sharapnel putting holes in the EDF housing.

The EDF when given enough power will behave like a vacum cleaner at the intake and doing a great blow job at the outlet.

Comment

EDF are safer than propellers that are exposed.

When you drop the plane on the ground with the blades spinning or during landing, EDF don't throw debris from its fan. Propellers definitely will.
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Just sharing my encounter. Some time ago i encounter the problem with my F-15 EDF. It had a y-cable located in front of the fan unit itself. During flight, the tape used to tape down the cables came off and got sucked into the fan unit. The plane suddenly lost thrust but still manage to glide it into a landing. Upon inspection, i found out all the 5 blades of the fan got ripped off. The tape was still stuck at the slator of the fan. 3 of the broken blades missing, the other 2 was found pierced deeply into the internal wall of the duct tube. Imagine this happen during bench test. The broken blades may fly out and hit our eyes.

Just a simple advice, if you have wires running in the duct tube. Do check if they are properly secure... be it a ARF or a RTF. Just for safety sake. Now i tape mine down with sticky fiberglass tape.

Just a though to share
        sigpic
        FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
          The answer is yes to some extend but not a big object like bird. When I was new to EDF,During testing, a small rag was too close to the intake and it suck in the rag and broke the blade. ..bloopers on my part.
          The other danger during EDF testing are:-

1) Impeller get thrown out and richochet like a "ninja shuriken" due to improper fastening of the impeller unit.

2) Departing weak blade that flew off like a sharapnel putting holes in the EDF housing.

The EDF when given enough power will behave like a vacum cleaner at the intake and doing a great blow job at the outlet.
          Haha... brings back memories. I guess its back to the good old days when everyone was fiddeling with the grey 6 bladed SF fan units. All the over power motors and setups ripped the fan blades off send them flying out of the su27 like ninja shurikens...
          sigpic
          FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

LOL. Well just my 2 cents worth, i guess all these so called accident can be well prevented if one have a better technical knowledge, some common sense and experience in building too. That is of course mechanical failure do happen too. It can be really true enough nasty if those blades will be the tools in making the real banana split ya.

Comment

CONTIUNE EDUCATION....

How Do They Do It: Jet Engines - turbine blade

how they make rolls royce jet turbine engines*Disclaimer* This is not my video and I own it in no way.

Comment

CONTIUNE EDUCATION....

plane exploded in flight

On 27 October 1962. In flight from McCoy AFB, a U-2 was shot down over Cuba by two SA-2 Guideline surface-to-air missiles, killing the pilot, Major Rudolf A...

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                  CONTIUNE EDUCATION....

plane exploded in flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtfdMJk0Tdw
                  This exposion is deliberate and not an accident. It was detonated by ground command...if you check out the forum.

Cheers

Comment

Anyway it was gone into pieces...

Well not that cool to see...Some how something fail...

Great sounding turbine jets flying at dusk at the 2008 Jet Rally. Pilot lost orientation when plane flew below horizon, rolled it over and pulled up. That'...

Comment

looks like misjudgement... the plane pull up when it was inverted ?
                      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

The moment and the speed (Any failure of servo, accident flip of tx switches, 2.4G lock out, turbine faliure) crash into car or crowd is the worse thing to happen.

Comment

Talking about turbine jet crash. Does anyone know what happen to the case wherby the turbine jet that crash into a factory in Tuas?
                          What is the outcome?

The last time we went to Tuas to fly, we were politely ask to stop flying and warn from flying in Tuas by the man in blue.
                          ...so no flying in Tuas ...except be a RC Club member in Tuas. then only can fly there.

Cheers

Comment

RC Jet Mid Air Exploded

This was in Waco, Texas 9-8-07. Just happen to be the only one filming at the time. Looks like the Lamination came apart on the left wing and then caused the...

This exposion is deliberate and not an accident??? It was detonated by ground command??? Maybe.. during Flying Competition , someone triggle the bomb... so that it can land faster in pieces

Why exploded?

Will any insurance policy able cover you when such thing happen (for 3rd party injuries, personal accident - fan blades flew into your eyes ball)?
                            e.g. like special golf insurance (it cover hole in one , hit by ball then hospitalise benefit, club brakeage, Personal accident, hit on to ppl cars)?
                            Does any insurance cover spectators , ground crew , helpers, judges and pilots in your own flying field while flying? What you do for small field flyer flying high speed 500 600 heli and nitro planes?

Comment

Working...
                            X