This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokes Time - Hobby Freak Out

Some people just want to go for this hobby but dont feel like even paying for anything! Please note it is a HOBBY and not someone elses work!

Top Five Examples:
    1) Can you lend me your battery ? I cant decide when to return you.
    2) Can you lend me your esc ? my motor may damage your esc and is ok ya?
    3) Can you lend me your whole EDF fan ? just to check am i suitable in EDF
    4) Can you borrow me your chair ? my own chair cant seams to absorb the heat from my butt. Oh ya, is this your chair already ?
    5) Can you lend me a drop of the CA, EPOXY, Tools, AMP Meter, Tape, or maybe, Life???

Some people just want to go for this hobby but dont want to lose. Wont spend time themself, but making use of others in a way, wont spend money in experimenting, must get things right for the first time eg: my $70 EDF must superly outrage all others when flown.

Top Five Examples:

1) Asking after EVERY flight on EVERY plane : So whats the conclusion on your plane? the CG is right? is this plane good to fly? Proven by everyone good to fly ya?, but i wont buy
    2) Asking how to get cheapests 100000MAH 10S Lipos , $10 if possible, that is working condition ya
    3) Asking how to get cheapests EDF setup with super good brands & etc, hoping possible by asking EVERYDAY, someone may tell him OH I HAVE FOUND IT, a motor that runs 1000000 RPM that the fan can take it at its 100% efficiency, @ $20 well in your dreams.
    4) Asking can you come to my condo, oh no, i mean my bungalow, oh no, i mean my house, to look at my plane for suggestions? because my 2.4 litre car cant carry my $70 plane down for you to see. maybe you can build for me for free as a HOBBY?
    5) Telling others that hobby group should accept above all points.

For those who agree, I dont mind letting them to solder my battery everyday for as a help & a HOBBY. I would deaply appreciate.

Some expect to get superly good deals from this site too. Buyer would low ball @ with parts at 1/4 the price. Pestering you on sms & mobile over and over again just to talk instead of buying. Hoping by talking to you the plane COE price will drop.

Cheers to all flyers out there

Is this supposed to be a joke? Sounds more like a rant to me.
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Ranting

Mirage... word of advise...

Singaporeans are a funny bunch of people, dunno if its Lee's teaching or society influence. But Many Singaporean like to "TUM PEE" - looking for cheap stuffs.

They will by all means low ball you at the first post. For example when you have stuffs to sell, say you bought $100, decided to sell half the price at $50. They will low ball you with $20. Do you see the familiarity with a wet market in your neighbourhood ? Aunty always bargain - buy Cabbage always ask free chilli lah, buy lettuces ask for free onions lah.. Its only $0.10 for a big bunch of chillis and onions, they want to bargain until the vegetables laid out on the stalls are flooded with her saliva lah.

As for borrowing stuffs from members, I don't know. No comments. But as a group of hobbist, I really don't mind giving them my super glue or epoxy to use. But borrowing ESC or motor.. that is definitely a very funny Singaporean. Its like "Hey, lend me your car drive leh, tomorrow return you".... -_-" Really got this type of people..
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by mirage2k View Post
        Buyer would low ball @ with parts at 1/4 the price.
        Well.... Sinkaporeans are really really funny. Some like to joke at others but some like to joke at themselves. Happen to come across smthk thats very funny so might as well share it with you guys since its a "Jokes Time" thread.

When the Pot looks at itself in the Mirror......

Red Arrow EP (EPO)
        Included Inrunner Brushless motor 4300KV and 64mm Ducted Fan only
        Retail Price: S$109.00.(Taken from JH)

Airtecnic 9g Micro Servo AT-90 (3pcs) S$36.00(Not sure but this is the cheapest Airtecnic servo I can find. Taken from JH)

TOPBAND OUTRUNNER 4900KV
        For 64mm DUCTED FANS
        (with connectors 3.5mm pre-soldered)SGD$26.00(Promotion price now. Taken from Skyhobbies)

Total sum = $171

I know my maths fail but I am using a calculator. Some how $50 is 29.239%
        which is somewhat around 1/4 of the price.

The biggest joke can be found here:

My 2cents
        sigpic
        FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

"Ai yah" ppl singlish and wrong maths mah...(not that I type it), Raven

Chinese , malay , english , indian (may be thai, brunei, malaysia etc) people are in this DH forum. Typo error and typing meaning are not mean in their posting adv.( I do apologise not to describe item correctly via contacting them sms/pm).

From non "o" level to "PhD" level are in here typing and posting in the forum each day. Some of them may required their children to help their "daddy" in typing... (pri school, and to use the wireless computer system).

Sometimes a translation from hokkian to english are as bad too but is funny to laugh at and learn. Just verify/clearing up the meaning with them for their post and or just don't buy the post item when is not clear.

Sometimes during typing, when bosses step into the office, typo can be wrong... sometimes "pa jiao" - miss shooting the correct bird - while typing, in the wrong words, and grammar mistakes or calculating. Or been distracted by beautiful lady that passes by.

Low baller sometimes can be irritated. But is better than those that confirmed the deal and then back up when the date arrived. Sometimes low baller ask you to reduce the price when they collect the item when paying you during meet up. If is fair enough and reasonable enough to your extend and to accept the deal transcation, and where both party deal can be carried out (I have experience the above, also bought afew days and ask for a return).

Well, there are many nice people around that give away Planes, magazines books, motor, lipo batteries and Item even (computers stuff, rabbits etc) in this DH forum too as well as in the flying field.

Well is really up to individual. Sometime to give, sometimes to take, else perhapes one day when you are in need no people were to help when in the field (equpiment/tools to test in the field when is not functioning).

I also contribute to repairing of Lipo (cells conversion 4 cell, 3 cell to 2cell ). Soldering, removing cells requires time, contain lipo gas, exposure to explosion, safety caution prevent shorting also the wraping material require material cost , flux, wire etc. But I do not charge and simply do for free, as I know some flyer in the field are in need such a help - and they thank me with refreshment.

Just depend on your comfort level to do the thing right and of cause to deal. I am learning too while I am in the fields on "people behavour" (throwing rubbish props/papers, people have bad remarks on others, newcommers behaviour, senior behaivour etc). Still perfecting (no one is perfect) and keep doing it right. Knowing saying is easy doing is difficult, facing it is harder.

Well, if were to lent, may be girl friend for a day or two bah.... that even boil. Sure die correct...

Forgive and sometimes forget, I am sure the RC community/ flying field/ clubs/ friends will improve "over a cup of coffee and meeting up session or even trips". I make friends, many more friends, Cause some friends had no longer around already pass away - life is short or had given up this hobby.

Anyway, Singaporean are not very bad people basically... Right

Comment

Tribute to the pop king

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A better video than above link sorry. Trubute to the pop king

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven View Post
                Well.... Sinkaporeans are really really funny. Some like to joke at others but some like to joke at themselves. Happen to come across smthk thats very funny so might as well share it with you guys since its a "Jokes Time" thread.

When the Pot looks at itself in the Mirror......

Red Arrow EP (EPO)
                Included Inrunner Brushless motor 4300KV and 64mm Ducted Fan only
                Retail Price: S$109.00.(Taken from JH)

Airtecnic 9g Micro Servo AT-90 (3pcs) S$36.00(Not sure but this is the cheapest Airtecnic servo I can find. Taken from JH)

TOPBAND OUTRUNNER 4900KV
                For 64mm DUCTED FANS
                (with connectors 3.5mm pre-soldered)SGD$26.00(Promotion price now. Taken from Skyhobbies)

Total sum = $171

I know my maths fail but I am using a calculator. Some how $50 is 29.239%
                which is somewhat around 1/4 of the price.

The biggest joke can be found here:

My 2cents

Raven, i just offered that price which is 1/2 of the price because i spoke to him before and it is a used plane. No hard feelings raven

Comment

Yak New In Box

Comment

totally agree with you, some guy offered me 120 for a 770 with 9257 i just didnt feel like selling it anymore.

and btw, we cant see that private message of yours.

Comment

hope this will do

Comment

oops, anyway its offered @ $120

Any help here how to show private message thread?

Comment

I dont mind letting them to solder my battery everyday for as a help & a HOBBY. I would deaply appreciate.
                          Bro, u solder ur battery everyday? U sounds like u will buy a battery in every single day?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                            Bro, u solder ur battery everyday? U sounds like u will buy a battery in every single day?

You dont get it, its a lame joke.
                            Anyway it actually meant that if i :

1) wont buy a soldering iron
                            2) wont try to learn how to use it
                            3) wont ask how to use it
                            4) wont want to dirty tables in own premises.
                            5) wont want to bring tools from place to place
                            6) wont buy my own batteries

would you solder for me everyday? i dont mind changing to new plugs
                            everyday

cheers dude

Comment

You dont get it, its a lame joke.
                              Anyway it actually meant that if i :

1) wont buy a soldering iron
                              2) wont try to learn how to use it
                              3) wont ask how to use it
                              4) wont want to dirty tables in own premises.
                              5) wont want to bring tools from place to place
                              6) wont buy my own batteries

would you solder for me everyday? i dont mind changing to new plugs
                              everyday

cheers dude
                              ok, but I will need to test flight to ensure my 'workmanship' is there

Comment

Working...
                              X