X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need suggestion and info. . .

bros,

i'm starting this new thread because i'm a newbie on the the "DUCT SIDE"

i myself was doing research and study but it's not enough i need additional information from the experienced, expert and gurus of the "DUCT SIDE"

i'm eyeing for a good setup that would be able to provide powerful static thrust from a 65mm-70mm duct fan and i'm using a 4s1p 5000mah

can you anybody here pls suggest which of the three EDF can prodive more static thrust because all their specs are almost the same and lets say we use a 4s1p 5000mah

1. WeMoTec Mini Fan 68mm
    2. Velocity WM 400 70mm
    3. Tahmazo EDF 68mm

and what would be the best motor kv and esc amperage for the chosen EDF

thanks alot and hope anybody can give me a brigther insight of the matter

jhonº

Hi Bro,

If you are a newbie on the ducted jet, I suggest, you start with a slow flying, easy to fly plane to practise your "skills" first before you move on to 68-70mm, 4 cell setup is fast, no joke, Don't waste $$$

Get a Red Arrow from J E T H O B B Y at $109, everything in except ESC and Servo. Practise on the stock till you think it is chicken feet, then upgrade to a outrunner 4900kv Motor from S K Y H O B B Y and fly again.

After this RED ARROW, you can proceed to your 70mm Jet setup, use HET 2w20 Motor(4 cell setup) with the HET 6904 fan blade and duct.

Enjoy...

Comment

thanks bro

bro,

thanks for the adviece bro. .actually its not for an aircraft. .i'll be using it on some project hehehhehehe. .can you give me idea on which of the three i have stated above or other combos that can give me a powerful static thrust using a 4s

my friend have a wm400 and he plans on selling it to me. .is it a good EDF. .if yes what motor and motor kv needed on it. .the amp current and static thrust. .

hoping to gather more info. .

thanks for all your help

Comment

help needed!

bro,

thanks for the adviece bro. .actually its not for an aircraft. .i'll be using it on some project hehehhehehe. .can you give me idea on which of the three i have stated above or other combos that can give me a powerful static thrust using a 4s

my friend have a wm400 and he plans on selling it to me. .is it a good EDF. .if yes what motor and motor kv needed on it. .the amp current and static thrust. .

hoping to gather more info. .

thanks for all your help

Comment

i dont really know much but i can only advice that the 5000mah 4s lipo you are using will weight too much for any 4s setup to bring you good speed. in the end it will turn out to become flying a 64mm ducted plane speed only that 70mm is a bigger plane thats all.

cheeers

Comment

Working...
          X