Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool, not easy to get it right i guess.
    Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
    Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

interesting to note the different ( and cut down) EDF and the different gyro's.

Any chance of any pics ?? And how do you control yaw

cheers

Comment

Are you using differential speed control to maneuver the aircraft left/right and forward ??

Comment

Yaw control is by two deflector vanes below main fan that works defferentially and control by rudder input thru a esky head lock gyro.

Differrential thrust is used to roll and pitch to provide movement in all deirection just like a heli. Onlt diff is that it is more stable as it is gyro control in all axis.

Comment

hey Vortices,

Fantastic effort you have there. Can you share the thrust to weight ratio to lift it the way it is shown in the video?

From the specs you share, does it mean you because the fans are modified to provide more static thrust, it is a compromise between efflux capability of the fan vs static thrust?
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
              hey Vortices,

Fantastic effort you have there. Can you share the thrust to weight ratio to lift it the way it is shown in the video?

From the specs you share, does it mean you because the fans are modified to provide more static thrust, it is a compromise between efflux capability of the fan vs static thrust?

Thanks for the kind words, it makes it all worth while.
              Thrust to weight is 2 to 1 at least, I have not go full throttle, lift off is slightly below half throttle.

Only the pitch fan is modified to 3 blades from six, the main fan is still original 5 blades. The reason for cutting down is purely for better gryo respond, nothing to do for optimizing efficiency, Due to the kv of the motor and the required gain for head lock in pitch, 6 blades was too sensitive even with minimum gain, 3 blades has a wider range of thrust. I was thinking may be a 2700kv motor would be better for 6 blades.

As far as eflux velocity, it is working more like a shrouded fan than a ducted fan as it is producing pure static thrust. EDFs are not efficient for hover or any low speed application for that matter. The reason I tried this is because phase 2 would have full fwd wing bourne flight transition capability. Phase one is just proof of concept.

I am working out the details for this, I have decided to share it and let the interest grow, as it is, I know of 2 other teams that are attempting similar performance and set up. May be someday we can have a vtol interest group/club. This makes sense in Singapore as we are constantly running out of runway for edf jets.

cheers
              thanks guys.

Comment

Heh buddy
                Despite all the questions nobody doubts what you have achieved is world class. You've been on the world forums so you must know

People who understand the time, effort and money you and your mates have put in really appreciate this....you know what i mean.

Keep it up. Trimming 6 to 3 blades to put the EDF in the most effective range is brave ...but it works. Lots of work to do but heh it flys ...........

Good luck and cheers

Phll

Comment

Hahaha... bro, I am killing a lot of brain cells trying to configure the GY352. The ESCs just doesnt like it when the Gyros starting up. My counter rotor props just doesnt seems to be able to catch up with the Gyro's signal. Considering a Duct Fan setup if problem persist. Frustrating!!... but I like the feeling
                  sigpic
                  FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
                    Heh buddy
                    Despite all the questions nobody doubts what you have achieved is world class. You've been on the world forums so you must know

People who understand the time, effort and money you and your mates have put in really appreciate this....you know what i mean.

Keep it up. Trimming 6 to 3 blades to put the EDF in the most effective range is brave ...but it works. Lots of work to do but heh it flys ...........

Good luck and cheers

Phll
                    Thanks, now am all inspired for phase 2.

cheers
                    thanks again.

Comment

Some Inspiration of airframes

for your ideas on airframes

Comment

Papercraft spaceships? Cool!
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hello,

Just like to share my latest project, was entry for this year's SAFMC competition.

VTOL rc edf with 2 main lift fan and 1 smaller pitch fan. Quad gyro stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices View Post
                            Hello,

Just like to share my latest project, was entry for this year's SAFMC competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqnAolFYkjE
                            Wow, impressive. Great job man. You have done Singapore proud!.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices View Post
                              Hello,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqnAolFYkjE
                              Very very impressive Vortices. Especially nice to see you stuck with the project and achieved success. Well done.

I wish i had of known of the event so i could have come along and stolen your ideas ( just kidding) Could you post here if theres another one. Thanks

After our meet up we never really got to fly together , Both too busy i guess

Great work
                              CHeers

Comment

Working...
                              X