Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Removing Impeller On EDO F-15

Anyone got this F-15 EDF plane from Sky Hobby or Jet Hobby before?

I wanna take the impeller out from the fan case to do blade balancing plus some sanding of the fins, but I can't remove the motor nor the impeller.

I already removed the screw from the front of the impeller n nothing can be removed from it?

Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks in advance for ur help!

If not wrong the plastic fan is press-fit into the metal stud, and the metal stud is press fit into the motor shaft.. yours might be like that...

I remembered that, because I've seen my friend's F15 from Skyhobby.
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
      If not wrong the plastic fan is press-fit into the metal stud, and the metal stud is press fit into the motor shaft.. yours might be like that...

I remembered that, because I've seen my friend's F15 from Skyhobby.
      so do u mean I can just pull it out with a little bit of force?

Comment

Bro you finally bought the plane huh? I have this too but haven't touched it yet - remember I was still asking around what's the recommended CG..

I have another F/A-18 (Starmax), had the same problem. In the end, no matter how gentle I tried, still broke a blade. It's very delicate - hope you will have more luck than I did!

Comment

Just unscrew everything and pull the blade out from the front. Need abit of effort to pull it off the aluminum hub.
          sigpic
          FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
            Bro you finally bought the plane huh? I have this too but haven't touched it yet - remember I was still asking around what's the recommended CG..

I have another F/A-18 (Starmax), had the same problem. In the end, no matter how gentle I tried, still broke a blade. It's very delicate - hope you will have more luck than I did!
            ya, but i think i will build up my GWS A-10 n maiden it 1st, as some of my friends told me that the A-10 is much easier to fly with, compared to the F-15.

In the meantime i will be building my F-15 slowly

Comment

Originally posted by Raven View Post
              Just unscrew everything and pull the blade out from the front. Need abit of effort to pull it off the aluminum hub.
              thanks, i will try that.

Comment

some times it helps if you put the screw in ( the one that holds the nose cone on) with out the nose cone. That way you can apply pressure to the shaft with your thumb while pulling the rotor with you fingers. Ll depends on the EDF in question.

ANy pics

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X