Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Het F18

hi just got a HET f18 single fan anybod can advise me on the motor and fan to use beside using the HET motor and fan

Originally posted by swooper View Post
    hi just got a HET f18 single fan anybod can advise me on the motor and fan to use beside using the HET motor and fan
    Why do you want to try other fans? I think HET and 2w20 works out best for the model, that is about the max you can go for power. Be careful with the f18, its wing will fold if you fly too aggressively.

You can try Wemotec 480 fan and Mega 16/15/2 motor on 3s.
    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Thanks for the advise will try out the set up you said cant wait to maiden it .

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
        Why do you want to try other fans? I think HET and 2w20 works out best for the model, that is about the max you can go for power. Be careful with the f18, its wing will fold if you fly too aggressively.

You can try Wemotec 480 fan and Mega 16/15/2 motor on 3s.
        Bro, I would like to know where is the CG of this Jet. According to manual is 2 3/4" but can't I get it right. Thanks for your help. Cheers.
        sigpic

Comment

What do you mean by can't get it right? If you can't balance the plane at the stipulated CG by moving the equipment, you can always add ballast weights on the nose or tail area. This is fundamental.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
            What do you mean by can't get it right? If you can't balance the plane at the stipulated CG by moving the equipment, you can always add ballast weights on the nose or tail area. This is fundamental.
            ok ,so I hv to add weight at the back.
            Thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by swooper View Post
              I am look for EDF also , where to buy the HET f18

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                Hi Bro,

Get this motor, can sure fly one...

Powerful

Freewing 20/28mm Kv 3500 outrunner Brushless Motor
                4 cell setup

Cost only S$35, can get it from A e r o s m i t h - h o b b y . c o m

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                  Get them here http://www.rc-warbirds.com/index.php/cPath/118_120

It is where I got mine, great local shop.

Comment

Great locak shop and good products...

But.. their price is

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
                      Great locak shop and good products...

But.. their price is
                      Depends on how you look at it lar, HET is high performance stuff. It is a huge difference seeing foam edf fly around versus balsa ones. While the Balsa EDF zips around at 150km/h happily very quietly with slicing wind sound vs the common won won won unbalanced foamie resonating sound at sub 100km/h flight envelope. You decide.

Comment

I already had HET Typhoon Motor pair with 6904 duct fan set, flying with 3300 mah Flightpower EVO battery and Hyperon 80A ESC... yeh.. can really fly fast, plane is very heavy and can fly for 3.5 minutes at full throttle...
                        The setup is really expensive... easily hit $500 with electronics alone...

I am looking for cheaper & lighter alternative

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
                          I already had HET Typhoon Motor pair with 6904 duct fan set, flying with 3300 mah Flightpower EVO battery and Hyperon 80A ESC... yeh.. can really fly fast, plane is very heavy and can fly for 3.5 minutes at full throttle...
                          The setup is really expensive... easily hit $500 with electronics alone...

I am looking for cheaper & lighter alternative
                          Yar some like scale flying and go for more details on looks than speed. A lot of us folks at PFW like EDF. I have even seen one done his scale look so well that he lost his plane in orientation when it dipped below the tree line. Camouflage scheme too effective! kekeke

Bro, dun use the FP batts. Go HC.com and source for the Rhino ones, they will work just as well as I have found out.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                            Depends on how you look at it lar, HET is high performance stuff. It is a huge difference seeing foam edf fly around versus balsa ones. While the Balsa EDF zips around at 150km/h happily very quietly with slicing wind sound vs the common won won won unbalanced foamie resonating sound at sub 100km/h flight envelope. You decide.
                            edmond, can you explain to me the reason for the resonating foamie sound youre talking about as compared to a balsa EDF? im not too familiar with foam VS Balsa other than the stiffness

thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
                              edmond, can you explain to me the reason for the resonating foamie sound youre talking about as compared to a balsa EDF? im not too familiar with foam VS Balsa other than the stiffness

thanks in advance!
                              unbalanced fan blades
                              Don't PCW

Beam E4
                              Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                              Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Working...
                              X