Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW I have a spare Himax 2025 4200 maybe I can use it for some EDF tats more powerful than the stock motor from my J-power F4...hmmm...
    Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
    Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
    Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
    Things to Sell:
    - T-rex 450XL NIB
    - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Crabby View Post
      BTW I have a spare Himax 2025 4200 maybe I can use it for some EDF tats more powerful than the stock motor from my J-power F4...hmmm...
      This is the kind of performance you can expect.

Experimental project done in year 2004. Styro wing balsa sheeted with GWS EDF 55 and Himax 2025 4200 3s1p 2000mah lipo power.

Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

If I'm not wrong a lot of these planes are designed for 64mm/65mm casing. So Crabby you better check first or else you might end up having to dremel the fuse to take a 70mm casing if you get the 68mm blade...

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
        All ducted fan size goes by the fan blade diameter, you can have a 64mm,68mm blade inside a 70mm diameter external duct casing. All their external diameter casing is around 70mm to 72mm no bigger or less unless stated by the manufacturer

For example my wemotec mini has:
        68mm diameter blades
        71mm diameter external casing

Or the haoye 64mm fan has:
        64mm diameter blades
        71mm diameter external casing
        So the haoye fan has a larger gap from the blade tip to the casing.

Comment

went down to both Sky Hobby & Jet Hobby to find out.

Checked out sky's WeMoTec. The packaging is very simple. In plastic bag stapled. After chking with the boss & telling him my setups. He told me that weMoTec may draw higher current than my setups. As I am using onie 1800mah & 35A ESC. So he recommended me to upgrade my power to a combo system. It comes with I think 60A ESC & a neat EDF & motor for 4s1p. However, the price is around $200+. Abit too exp for my set ups. As my batts are all in 1800mah range. I really need to consider.

Next to Jet hobby. Wm400 is in a very neat packaging. Chking with Moh & yet another disappointing news. My power system cannot support the fan. My ESC may burned out & my lipo might karpo. Haiz... think my dream of having a powerful setups for my 1800mah seems impossible. All need to have at least 4s1p & 40-60A ESC.

Actually in my mind I was waiting for a 4600KV motor with 64mm fan. seems impossible now
          Hi Crabby, since you wanted a better performance Fan the Wemotec or the HET fan is the way too go.
          Moreover, this two reputed fans comes with some recommended motors
          like the mega or HET motors and some others... . They are "matched" to the fan to give a desire performance. You cannot simply stick any motor into the fan and hope for fantastic performance.

Moreover, you can't restricted the LIPO to 1800mah capacity. You may have to double the capacity of the batteries to prevent over taxing the batteries
          and also give you ample flight time as some of these high performances setup draws high current.

Another thing you must know that LIPO can degrade although you have not exceed the max discharge capacity. Thats is because lipo degraded when heat built up within the lipo especially when there is little ventilation to the Lipo.
          The Battery may not bloat but it may have degrated due to high temperature .
          For me I use the 10-12C rule. I keep the battery discharge not more than 12C for 20C type batt and 15c-18C for 30C type battery.
          My battery don't bloat and last me quite a while.

Cheers and welcome to the duct side.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
            Hi Crabby, since you wanted a better performance Fan the Wemotec or the HET fan is the way too go.
            Moreover, this two reputed fans comes with some recommended motors
            like the mega or HET motors and some others... . They are "matched" to the fan to give a desire performance. You cannot simply stick any motor into the fan and hope for fantastic performance.

Moreover, you can't restricted the LIPO to 1800mah capacity. You may have to double the capacity of the batteries to prevent over taxing the batteries
            and also give you ample flight time as some of these high performances setup draws high current.

Another thing you must know that LIPO can degrade although you have not exceed the max discharge capacity. Thats is because lipo degraded when heat built up within the lipo especially when there is little ventilation to the Lipo.
            The Battery may not bloat but it may have degrated due to high temperature .
            For me I use the 10-12C rule. I keep the battery discharge not more than 12C for 20C type batt and 15c-18C for 30C type battery.
            My battery don't bloat and last me quite a while.

Cheers and welcome to the duct side.

Well guys really appreciate your tips. Ya worst comes to worst I use 3s2p config. However, I have a 4s1p 1800mah lying ard. wanted to use it for my Phatom but after buying realised that it is too big tats why I was thinking of the combo recommended by Sky HObby. That comes with a balanced EDF,ESC & Motor. I think its called RC sumthing. Cost ard 200+(wow)

As for the flying wings... personally, I'm not into flying wings coz it looks abit dull.

If all else fails... i think I better stick back to all my warbirds for those who had seen my warbirds... they are all classic that some even lasted me for 3-4 years

Things to Sell:
            - T-rex 450XL NIB

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
              If I'm not wrong a lot of these planes are designed for 64mm/65mm casing. So Crabby you better check first or else you might end up having to dremel the fuse to take a 70mm casing if you get the 68mm blade...
              Ya Simon... tats is something I'm quite concern of. As the casing is actually the size that I need to replaced & if not careful, All will go into waste. Will consider upz all my power set ups ...

Things to Sell:
              - T-rex 450XL NIB

Comment

I think it's very likely that yours is a 64mm casing, I have a few EDS jets like this If you can share more info about your planes, maybe we can help to confirm that for you? And you probably shouldn't get those casings that have the additional lip built in (cos your original casing is probably just a standard cylinder), otherwise you might have to saw the lip away.

FYI I bought the 65mm casing from Moh (it's a bit of a tight squeeze into my F18!) and then an inrunner from H*bbyc*ty. I think that unit managed to take in a 28mm motor!

Ya Simon... tats is something I'm quite concern of. As the casing is actually the size that I need to replaced & if not careful, All will go into waste. Will consider upz all my power set ups ...

Comment

F 4 Phantom

This is my current F 4 it states 64mm EDF... so maybe I shall call them & chk...

Also my queries are actually preparing for this AMX

Things to Sell:
                  - T-rex 450XL NIB

Comment

does anyone know where i can get an rtf edf? no time to build...

Comment

Originally posted by Cannondale View Post
                      does anyone know where i can get an rtf edf? no time to build...
                      any budget?

Comment

Working...
                      X